News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

pm outbox

Started by knockout, January 29, 2010, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockout

in phpbb we had an outbox for pm's sent but not yet read...  I see in pm profile that there is a reference to save messages in outbox but I cannot find my outbox (I am sure I am just blind)
where is it, do I need to activate it somewhere?

Thanks.

Burridge

Have you gone into your profile, and go into your Personal Message Options, there will be a tick-box saying Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default. check it, and it will save all your messages you send into your outbox. Alternatively you can also manually do it for each message you send.

Hope that helps you.

-Xuantia

knockout

thanks for the reply, I have done that already, I also changed the theme settings so that everyone has the check box on their profile, but where is the outbox, or is the outbox the sent box?

Kill Em All

My Messages>Sent Items

there should be sent items if you have sent PMs with that checked.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

knockout

Quote from: Kill Em All on January 29, 2010, 05:32:14 PM
My Messages>Sent Items

there should be sent items if you have sent PMs with that checked.

thanks for the replies, I do have the sent items, in our old board (phpbb) we had a sent items folder as well as a outbox, the outbox functions as a place holder for messages sent but yet read by the other party, because of the wording in the profiel setting I assumed I as missing the outbox, I guess the pm system in smf functions more like email, once sent there is no coming back!

Kill Em All

There is a mod for that I believe.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1629

There ya go. Its not exactly what phpbb is, but it lets you know. :)

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

knockout

Quote from: Kill Em All on January 30, 2010, 11:23:57 PM
There is a mod for that I believe.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1629

There ya go. Its not exactly what phpbb is, but it lets you know. :)

Thanks for the link!

Bill Bailey

Hello,

Our outbox disappeared when we upgraded to 2.0... also, it seems like other links have disappeared too. Is there any way to reset this? I attached an image of some of links that have disappeared across the top when we are in the Server Settings area.

Thanks,

Derek Richae
Nodal Ninja
[email protected]

Kill Em All

Bill Bailey, please create your own topic. First, try updating your language files. If that doesn't work, then create a new topic.

Advertisement: