News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ahh! what have I done!

Started by lithanual, May 18, 2005, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithanual

I am a graphic designer by trade, though I did used to be pretty heavy into php/html.

I made this theme, see... but.. I am overwhelmed trying to convert it into a WORKING html template :-P

The tables themselves are so complicated, my head is going to explode.

I am using dreamweaver design mode for the tables, and coding mode for the rest.

Is there some easier way?

here is the graphic of the theme: http://www.hackedyourgame.com/hygindex.jpg

A.M.A

looks awesome!
But as you said it looks complicated and it needs lots of cells .. I usually start with simple table and continue from there. For example, I'll take the first row Topics, Author ..etc and make a table and apply the cells and image to it then do the same with second row .. after that start combining them together.

Oh, and of course Canada does exist :)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

lithanual

Quote from: A.M.A on May 18, 2005, 06:37:11 PM
looks awesome!
But as you said it looks complicated and it needs lots of cells .. I usually start with simple table and continue from there. For example, I'll take the first row Topics, Author ..etc and make a table and apply the cells and image to it then do the same with second row .. after that start combining them together.

Oh, and of course Canada does exist :)

Ty, I am quite pleased with the design :)

and yea, i would love to start simple.. do you use any WYSIWYG apps?

also.. I'm not so sure about the Canada thing... I'll believe it when I see it!

*mumbles about conspiracies*

Grudge

I hope someone who can do both graphics and template experience can you help you out here as that looks cool :D
I'm only a half geek really...

A.M.A

I was using FP before, but now  just any text editor preferable with HTML highlight syntax.
any how if you need any help with this I'll be here :)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

lithanual

Quote from: A.M.A on May 18, 2005, 06:58:04 PM
I was using FP before, but now  just any text editor preferable with HTML highlight syntax.
any how if you need any help with this I'll be here :)

do it for me.  ;)

i'll put a little blurb somewhere that says "A.M.A. roxxors my soxxors" or something.

man this sucks :(

btw, I was just kidding about the blurb.. if you do want to convert it to html with all the appropriate php in the right places, I would certainly give you full credit.

A.M.A

Me and my big mouth :)
Ok .. I need to see how the board index looks and images in high resolution.

lithanual

Quote from: A.M.A on May 18, 2005, 07:16:35 PM
Me and my big mouth :)
Ok .. I need to see how the board index looks and images in high resolution.

working on the board index as we speak :)

and ty ty ty ;)

forsakenlad

Would love to see this as a working theme, lithanual and A.M.A, I hope you good luck...
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

bloc

It reminds me a bit of Helios..I mean the setup, not the graphics...if you guys are stuck, let me know and I chip in if I can.

lithanual

Quote from: Bloc on May 19, 2005, 03:09:41 PM
It reminds me a bit of Helios..I mean the setup, not the graphics...if you guys are stuck, let me know and I chip in if I can.

Helios was the theme I had before I decided to make one, so I probably stole parts of the layout :)

forsakenlad

Loved Helios, and I am sure that I will love this theme too! ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

lithanual

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback :)

lithanual

A.M.A

Sorry .. but am busy lately and still. I finished only the board index though it still needs some tweaks (see attached) if you are in a hurry I can send you the work I've done so far and you can continue from there.

lithanual

Quote from: A.M.A on May 25, 2005, 06:24:05 AM
Sorry .. but am busy lately and still. I finished only the board index though it still needs some tweaks (see attached) if you are in a hurry I can send you the work I've done so far and you can continue from there.

Naw, I'm afraid if I do it, I wont finish it, and nobody will get to use it :-P

Advertisement: