[4346]2.0 RC2 Doesn't save post?

Started by waruna, January 31, 2010, 02:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waruna

Hye guys, need help here.

I'm using SMF2 RC2. My problem is, sometimes when I starting a new topic or replying a post, I just suddenly click the Back button at the browser. When I go Forward, SMF doesn't save my post. So I have to start all over again especially a long post/reply.

No problem with SMF1.x, I already tried that, but how to do that on SMF2?

Thanks in advance guys
Trust of Lust

adbrad

waruna

Quote from: adbrad on January 31, 2010, 03:26:40 AM
works fine on my forum

Are you using 2.0 RC2? Because I tried to test here in this forum also same as my site
Trust of Lust

Arantor

This is already documented, not sure if it's on the tracker (was reported by feline a bit back)

waruna

Quote from: Arantor on January 31, 2010, 05:41:57 AM
This is already documented, not sure if it's on the tracker (was reported by feline a bit back)

Oh really? Ok, thanks Arantor. At least I know this is a bug.  ;) :D ;D
Trust of Lust

adbrad

yes i'm running rc2 it also works fine here for me to.
i clicked back then forward and what i typed is still there.

SN

saves my post also.

maybe its a browser problem.

im using firefox

Joker™

for me also text is gone when i click forward .... im using RC2 on firefox
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

live627

That bug has been bugging me too

But not on Quick Reply

Norv

Does this still happens on RC3?
If yes, can you please tell on which browsers and operating system, too?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Arantor

Yes, it does, because this was hounding me immensely when working on SimpleDesk. The call to submitThisOnce calls some other Javascript in FF which empties out the editor component.

* Arantor hacked out the call in SimpleDesk, and subsequently, no more problems though it's not a proper solution.

Joker™

Version - SMF 2.0 RC5

When I accidentally clicked on back button and then came back to post screen, post content remained intact in these browsers (test on both normal and quick reply)

- Opera 11
- Chrome 10
- Safari 5
- IE 8

Just in
- Firefox 4

The post content is not saved in normal reply.
In quick reply the content was there even if you move away from the page.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

NanoSector

Quote from: Joker™ on April 10, 2011, 04:18:57 AM
Version - SMF 2.0 RC5

When I accidentally clicked on back button and then came back to post screen, post content remained intact in these browsers (test on both normal and quick reply)

- Opera 11
- Chrome 10
- Safari 5
- IE 8

Just in
- Firefox 4

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2010, 05:26:16 AM
Yes, it does, because this was hounding me immensely when working on SimpleDesk. The call to submitThisOnce calls some other Javascript in FF which empties out the editor component.

* Arantor hacked out the call in SimpleDesk, and subsequently, no more problems though it's not a proper solution.

Plus why bump a topic that's over a year old?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Joker™

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 10, 2011, 04:36:43 AM
Because the bug is still there and this post is still open, i.e not moved to fixed or bogus bug section.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

NanoSector

Quote from: Joker™ on April 10, 2011, 04:37:36 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 10, 2011, 04:36:43 AM
Because the bug is still there and this post is still open, i.e not moved to fixed or bogus bug section.
why don't you use Arantor's solution?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Joker™

Yeyy my memory still works :P.

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4346 << the bug was marked as solved there, but it still seems to persist in FF4.

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 10, 2011, 04:39:37 AM
why don't you use Arantor's solution?
When you require a solution it indicates that there is a problem, and only that's the reason I report the bug here (this should answer your first question that why I bumped this topic).

Moreover as arantor stated himself,

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2010, 05:26:16 AM

It would be more appropriate to get feedback from someone else also that this is not happening with me alone on FF4, then only we can start finding solutions for it.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

I just tested this on my 2.0 RC5 install, it does have a few mods but none related to post function. and i cant duplicate this issue with FF4

Joker™

I'm even able to reproduce the issue here on SMF community also with FF4.

Quote from: Joker™ on April 10, 2011, 04:18:57 AM
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

I cant reproduce it here with FF4 using the normal reply. same with quick reply.

Joker™

Quote from: Illori on April 10, 2011, 07:07:17 AM
I cant reproduce it here with FF4 using the normal reply. same with quick reply.
Hhaha, so it's a tie, one is saying it's happing and for other it is not :P. Let's get one more feedback over this issue.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: