News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Global mods & groups

Started by AD/vh, November 03, 2010, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD/vh

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm the only one who would expect this to work this way...

If I create a group (2.0 RC4) and set it to be Private or Protected, and Invisible, my global moderators can still see that group in the Send Newsletters screen.  Is that meant to be that way, or is it a bug?  (ETA: The Send Newsletters screen seems to be the only place that group shows up for the global mods.)

My situation is that I need there to be some groups that not even "supermods" can see.  Can I do this?  If so, how?

Sorry to be a n00b, I'm still working out my understanding of the permissions system.  :)  Thanks for any help you can offer.

-cannoli

Norv

Hello there,

That is an interesting question... The intention of the protected groups was to prevent any non-admins from assigning members to those groups, rather than never knowing they exist...
Would it really be more useful if they never see them anywhere? After all, they do see and can send newsletters to admins themselves, so even more (it could be argued) to other groups. Just don't modify them.

Open to discussion though.
Moving to Bug Reports. (though I'm not sure I'd consider it that way).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emanuele

No inputs in 1 year and seom months, I'm tempted to move the topic to fixed.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: