News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

moving Theme back to default.

Started by SaltedWeb, May 19, 2005, 01:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Hi

I have 7dana and I have changed the main template quite a bit
with a side bar and some changes to the look.
Want to go back to the default as some ppl just cant deal with all the red color.

Can I just copy one template.  to another.
and will that save my worK?

Or do I have to modify the default template in the default theme
all over again? Changing Graphics isnt a problem as I am very used to doing things like that !

Just wonder since the default.template.php is the same name would I be able to just drop it in the default themes folder?

Or is there more to that template that would mess up codes and permissions etc?

I'm learning this stuff as fast as I can but we have over 200 ppl I dont want to lose if I screw this up.

Paul

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

rakuli

In Admin >> Themes

you can make a copy of the default theme and them copy the templates you want to use to the new theme.

SaltedWeb

QuotePosted by: rakuli  In Admin >> Themes

you can make a copy of the default theme and them copy the templates you want to use to the new theme.

Just to clarify, I dont want to copy the deafult theme to a new theme.

I want to take my 7dana template ( minus the colors and 7dana look)
But leave intact , my changes to the the actuall designs.

I guess what i am unsure of is :
If I copy 7danas temeplate and replace the default one with it.
It only saves the actually ... setup and not the design?

Because I dont want deafult theme looking like 7dana in color  only in the setup and placement.
Does this make sense?

Paul

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

A.M.A

You need to keep 7dana as your default theme and you need the default theme that comes with SMF to be another theme! right?
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

SaltedWeb

Sorry I must be using the wrong terminology.  :'(
I'll put it in a simple form for myself to explain.
Since I must be saying something wrong, trying to learn the
right ways to say stuff in the forum.....

So,,
When I first got smf I used 7dana.  I modified the 7dana template to reflect a side bar and some other changes like and extra button on the menu bar.

Now of course, my default SMF has no side bar or this button and is blue. default. Not red like 7dana
I want to revert back and use the deafault blue.

Is there and easy way to make the 7dana side bar and button appears on the Default Theme ? ( relalize the buttone would be the wrong color)
Changing the graphics isnt the issus as much as saving the layout .
Just as long as some how I end up with a blue deafult with my side bar ?

Does this make better sense now?

Thanks For the help.

Paul

A.M.A

You could copy index.template.php from the 7dana theme over the one in the default theme. Backup first please and see if that works. If not I am afraid you have to apply the same modification you have done in 7dana to the default theme.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

SaltedWeb

A. M . A

:D :D :D

You saved me a ton of work. ( for me anyways still learning php :-) )
I backed up one, sent to another and it worked.
Just replace that file index.template.php in
Default with the one in 7dana and I get a Blue
default with my 7dana upgrades
I have yet to test everything but so far it transfered the
complete look of 7dana but the view and base set is default

Sweet. 

Thanks

Advertisement: