Auto-Moderate posts....

Started by MordyT, February 06, 2010, 04:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MordyT

Ok, sorry of this is in the wrong section...

What I am looking for is..

When a user joins and makes a text only post, all is well..
When a user joins and makes a picture based post, the picture based post is denied / help in a moderation que. After I approve a picture based post, the user is automatically set as being able to post pictures...

Reason: Some spammers have join (and rejoined) despite ip, hostname, email, username bans and post pictures og naked men on men...etc. This has in turn forced me to turn on "admin approval required" until I figure out how to keep them out. However, new legit members get the same problem of having to wait...

So, is this available in the basic install, do I need a mod, etc...

Thanks for any help given!
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

Arantor

You will need a mod for this.

However, what you could do is have it that "approved members" can post without having to be moderated, and as users make posts that you're happy with, move them into that group.

There isn't really any alternative without a mod.

MordyT

One last question, then I will mark this solved...
Using a post-count based group, can I set it up so:
User Joins. Makes a post. It automatically gets held for moderation. After X posts become approved, user gets moves to different group where there is no moderation...

Basically what i am asking (I know phpBB does this but I like SMF) is can you hold posts for moderation based on group user is in? And can you assign people in a group to JUST have the ability to approve posts?

Arantor

Yes, you can.

On your first question, you assign Regular Members and the bottom most post count group (i.e. 0 to a few posts) to moderation in the Post Moderation area, with the question mark (which is moderated), then all the other post count groups are 'can post without moderation' (which is the tick)

Note that there is a bug in 2.0 RC2's post moderation screen that's been documented in the bug tracker, including a fix (Bug #3976: Post Moderation - permissions/changes cannot be saved.)

Yes, you can also create an assigned membergroup that has the 'approve posts' permission in the permissions screen, and assign it to someone as a secondary group from their Account Settings in their profile.

MordyT

Thanks! And BIG thanks for looking out in advance and providing the fix..

MordyT

I know, not supposed to double post....

Do I need to assign post moderation to all groups a member is in, or just one?

Arantor

You need to do it as I said: assign moderation on Regular Members and the bottom post group.

*Any* one group that a user has that allows them to post without moderation will mean they can just post.

MordyT

Advertisement: