News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franktrog

Can someone make a video showing how this plugin will work/look when properly installed? I can't find any share buttons for topics and stuff like that currently.

420Connect.co.uk

can anyone help me REMOVE the facebook button you see above the login fields?

I'm looking to have it gone, so when users click register, they are then taken to the registration page, where they can instead see the reg. with facebook button.

thanks!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

fapencio

error Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher

I have installed the previous version (2.0.4), anyone know if the API error was solved with the new version?(2.0.5)

please help me
My smf forum is 2.0.10 version
my theme is default
language spanish es utf8

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MESWEB

When mod to be updated?
Errors:

$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace('~&#x([0-9a-f]+);~ei', 'chr(hexdec("\\1"))', $cleaned[0]['body']);
$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace('~&#([0-9]+);~e', 'chr("\\1")', $cleaned[0]['body']);

and

You must upgrade this app to Graph API v2.x
v1.0 will be deprecated on April 30, 2015

vbgamer45

Not sure on timeframe...I have to spend time reading the updated facebook api.. The problem with facebook is they tend to update things often causing stuff to break.

I should  have fixed all the preg_replace issues in the last update...
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MESWEB

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2014, 10:42:45 AM
I should  have fixed all the preg_replace issues in the last update...

How long need to wait? Next 6 months?

vbgamer45

Unknown when I have time. I might make an updated paid Facebook mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2014, 06:51:33 PM
Unknown when I have time. I might make an updated paid Facebook mod.

I suspect I am not the only person looking ahead to April 30, 2015, with some trepidation. I will be happy to pay for an update to SA Facebook that makes it work with the latest version of the Graph API before that date arrives, and I'm doubt I am the only one by a long shot. Would a Kickstarter campaign be a helpful way to go here? I'd make a good pledge on that, for sure.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

vbgamer45

It's on my todo list... Just really would need to research each of the new facebook api's the hard part is they tend to change often :(

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

HRM

Quote from: fapencio on November 18, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
error Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher

I have installed the previous version (2.0.4), anyone know if the API error was solved with the new version?(2.0.5)

please help me

I have the same issue  with SA Facebook 2.0.5
SMF 2.0.9.
Is it something on facebook (app settings) or with the plugin?
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

vbgamer45

Facebook this mod is only kept up for legacy users for now. New facebook apps will not work.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

HRM

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 04, 2014, 11:55:14 AM
Facebook this mod is only kept up for legacy users for now. New facebook apps will not work.

Wow... what does that all mean ?

I mean seriously... Means if I have code from some old FB App that it would work?
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

vbgamer45

Yes you have to have an old facebook app.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

HRM

Autsj..... Just uninstalled all old apps on that profile before installing this one :(
But thanks for replying anyway so no need to  search any further.

ButtScratchas

Hello all! This mod seems it has a lot to offer, but I cannot seem to get it to work, I have the developer account setup and configured, but when I click register on my site I get directed to the facebook login page, upon logging in and redirecting back to my site, I get this: CurlException: 7: Failed to connect to 255.255.255.255: Network is unreachable

Is this due to a misconfigured setting or is there some issue between this mod and the new facebook API?

HRM

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 04, 2014, 11:55:14 AM

_monotiz_

I'm looking for find a solution.
Maybe this help.

Here the new SDK:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/php/gettingstarted/4.0.0 [nofollow]

This is as explanation:
https://www.webniraj.com/2014/05/01/facebook-api-php-sdk-updated-to-v4-0-0/ [nofollow]

Bounty_y2k

Hi I have just installed this mod on my forum and I have a few questions.
I am only interested in two functions of this mod. One is the topic like button witch works very well.
And the other one is og:images from topics.
Do I need to setup an app for only these two functions?

And I think I have a small problem with those og:images.
Take a look what facebook debuger sees as my topics og:images:

First two images are my forums logoes and the third image is 'veryhot_post.gif'. The topic I debugged has 10 pictures in it but none of them shows up in the debugger as you can see.

Can you point me out?
Thanks.

d-gan

" error Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher"

Advertisement: