News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimpson

Ok I give up and need help.

Everything seems to work except that it's not showing the comments. comments can be made and are sent to the facebook app page, and show up on the forum page immediately after they're made, but as soon as the page is refreshed the comments don't load. it seems like it can't fetch the comments from the facebook app page. can anyone help me with this?

crimpson

I guess I got it working after all. If I comment using the facebook app name instead of a profile name it won't load the comment in the forum, but if i comment using a profile name, everything seems to be working and it's showing the comments.
However, it's not loading replies that are made on facebook to comments made from the forum page. I don't know if that's normal or not. confusing.

pan125

Please help me 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher

MESWEB

Quote from: pan125 on January 20, 2015, 04:00:39 PM
Don't waste Your time for waiting updated this mod from author. We waiting for update about 1 Year! If He update any way - then He proably will be want money for mod - this what He say when I asked about update:
QuoteUnknown when I have time. I might make an updated paid Facebook mod.
So better if You install MyBB with FacebookConnection 2.1 working without errors and it's for free.

thananit

Quote from: pan125 on January 20, 2015, 04:00:39 PM

I find this issue too. :'(

mt

Just be warned:

All Facebook-enabled apps will be automaticaly upgraded to API v2.0 on April 30, 2015.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/upgrading [nofollow]

That means: On every site this mod will stop working in 6 weeks.

I suggest to remove the mod from the mod section until its updated.

vbgamer45

I don't plan on updating it at this time no time to do so. Will pull in april.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Osaugue

pls am having problem with secure canvas url, i can't find canvas url, what i saw was secure canvas url and it requires https  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Kindred

Basically, this mod will no longer work with facebook's changes to their API....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mystik1

Are there alternatives for this with SMF?  I was using one called "Social Login", but it has started a redirect cycle for members.  That's when I came to this package, installed it, and found the same thing.

mystik1

Disregard the previous post.  I now have an excellent solution from SMFPacks.  Here's the link for everyone else in search:  http://www.smfpacks.com/sociallogin [nofollow]

SMFPacks does great, high quality work and is there to give an update when FB decides to make everyone's life miserable.  Since its a paid mod, it seems more reliable that updates will continue to be available for that long into the future, which is really important for me with a mod like this - the last thing I want is for it to stop working when FB decides to make a change, and then not have an update to come quickly.   Plus, you don't have limitations or possibly more fees like with one other option I tried.  This one runs all on your own hosting...so there's one less breaking point.

I am using SMFPacks almost exclusively now!  :)  They work great, and you don't have to worry about mods not playing well together.  Good support too.

samborabora

Quote from: mystik1 on April 09, 2015, 11:26:53 AM
Disregard the previous post.  I now have an excellent solution from SMFPacks.  Here's the link for everyone else in search:  http://www.smfpacks.com/sociallogin

SMFPacks does great, high quality work and is there to give an update when FB decides to make everyone's life miserable.  Since its a paid mod, it seems more reliable that updates will continue to be available for that long into the future, which is really important for me with a mod like this - the last thing I want is for it to stop working when FB decides to make a change, and then not have an update to come quickly.   Plus, you don't have limitations or possibly more fees like with one other option I tried.  This one runs all on your own hosting...so there's one less breaking point.

I am using SMFPacks almost exclusively now!  :)  They work great, and you don't have to worry about mods not playing well together.  Good support too.

Saw this too today, I know SMFPacks gets alot of slack, but he DOES make the mods that no-one else will.

Paracelsus

Quote from: mystik1 on April 09, 2015, 11:26:53 AM
Disregard the previous post.  I now have an excellent solution from SMFPacks.  Here's the link for everyone else in search:  http://www.smfpacks.com/sociallogin

How would you compare SMFPacks MOD with this MOD? More, less features? Prone to errors on error log or not really? (just asking because haven't really been able to make this MOD work as intended, specially on the login part)

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Paracelsus on April 09, 2015, 02:45:51 PM
How would you compare SMFPacks MOD with this MOD? More, less features? Prone to errors on error log or not really? (just asking because haven't really been able to make this MOD work as intended, specially on the login part)

SA Facebook Integration offered a pretty comprehensive package of Facebook integration plugins. SMFPacks Social Login does one thing: logins.

Personally, I didn't use most of the functions that SA Facebook Integration offered. Plus, a number of them have been deprecated or shut down already by Facebook in their endless quest to become more evil. And I am guessing that it was the comprehensive nature of SA Facebook Integration that made it simply too much work for vbgamer to update it, especially since it is provides no income for him.

Since SMFPacks Social Login is small and focussed in its feature set, and paid, I expect NIBOGO will keep it up to date. Plus, this one allow Twitter and Google+ logins, too.

You can find other mods to replace some of the other functions that SA Facebook Integration offered, but not all. For me the big one is trying to find something to replace the function to automatically post a new notification to my Facebook page when a topic is created. I might have to hack that in myself, since I haven't found anything to offer that yet.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Sesquipedalian

Migrating from SA Facebook Integration to SMFPacks Social Login isn't quite as perfectly smooth as it could be, though. In particular, your existing users who previously logged in with SA Facebook will not be able to log in with SMFPacks Social Login right out of the box. They'll need to log in manually and then go to their profile and choose to associate their Facebook account with their existing forum account before it will start working for them again.

However, if you can access your SMF database using phpMyAdmin, you can fix this problem and make the transition completely seamless and transparent for your existing users. Just follow these steps.

Warning: This involves direct modification of your SMF database. Make sure you have a complete backup of the database before doing this, and that you know how to restore it. I take no responsibility whatsoever if you screw up and kill your forum.

• Uninstall SA Facebook Integration. If the uninstall offers to remove data from the database, DON'T.
  • Using phpMyAdmin, find your way to your SMF database's members table. It will have a name like abc_members (where abc could be any random set of letters).
  • Once you are looking at the members table, click the Structure button in the phpMyAdmin toolbar.
  • Scroll down until you find the row named fbid.
  • Click the Change button for that row and rename it to facebook_id.
  • Install SMFPacks Social Login.
Now SMFPacks Social Login will know which forum account should be associated with which Facebook ID. Your users logging in won't even notice that there's been a change.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

assafk

Hey
I am getting this error when i log in with my Facebook
"Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)"

Can you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks

DSystem

This mod does not work anymore and the author is not interested in fixing.

The best solution at the moment is to acquire this mod-> http://www.smfpacks.com/sociallogin

assafk

420Connect.co.uk

Just to suggest another free alternative (with various different social logins)
You can look into this: http://www.oneall.com
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

mt

Be aware when using services like oneall and such: You WILL give them all your user data and because they do the access they are the one holding the interface.

You give away a bit control & access anyway when using social login but with such a service you are complete our of control.
Your own user are not yours.

Advertisement: