News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

why does anyone ever think that removing and reinstalling is a cure for anything?  Computers perform the same action every time. if it fails with one installation, it will fail with every attempt -- and backing out, putting in is a cure fire way to do something wrong, eventually...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronald_1938

Because dummies like me are told this, remove and reinstall it may work after that..

Gee sorry I even posted the darn error, looking for some help, not criticism..

samborabora

Quote from: Oldcrow on May 07, 2015, 04:30:18 PM
Because dummies like me are told this, remove and reinstall it may work after that..

It's Kindred, he likes to kick everyone in the balls whether they deserve it or not.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: samborabora on May 07, 2015, 06:02:14 PM

It's Kindred, he likes to kick everyone in the balls whether they deserve it or not.

I realize this..I come here because we are suppose to help each other, not throw back snide remarks..

They are no Support forums for Facebook and the SA Facebook author is not much help neither..Just this one long topic....

I suppose this erro will never get figured out, I see many of the same errors floating around when you search for answers..

Kindred

Uncool and uncalled for... And also untrue.

As for you, oldcrow, I don't know who told you to uninstall and reinstall, but thatbis usually the first suggestion of the clueless.   That omly matters if the first installation failed in some way and you have figured out how to correct it the second time around. If there were no failures, then cycling like that won't change anything for the better and may end up leaving bits of code handing around or duplicated.

Since I have this mod installed and do not get that error, it suggests that your installation DID fail and you neglected to notice the big warning or to manually apply updates that failed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2015, 09:49:19 PM
Uncool and uncalled for... And also untrue.

As for you, oldcrow, I don't know who told you to uninstall and reinstall, but thatbis usually the first suggestion of the clueless.   That omly matters if the first installation failed in some way and you have figured out how to correct it the second time around. If there were no failures, then cycling like that won't change anything for the better and may end up leaving bits of code handing around or duplicated.

Since I have this mod installed and do not get that error, it suggests that your installation DID fail and you neglected to notice the big warning or to manually apply updates that failed.

It did install correctly. There were no reddish warnings, nothing to change..

Only thing I can figure is it is in conflict with another mod.. It use to work with no errors at one time..

I also have the same mod. installed on two (2) other boards and no problems..

I'll either have to learn to live with the errors as well as the members, or just remove it entirely..

samborabora

I think I'm going to just install and SMFpacks mod, they did notifications years before smf finally devided to get around to the 21st century and quit worrying about server stress (what is this '95?)  and it looks like their login will do the trick. I never even used the post to facebook features, and having twitter and G+ aswell never hurts.

$20/$40 isn't much to have this actually working, is it?

Mr. Jinx

I have to say smfpack's social login mod does the job for me. It is not the same as SA Facebook Integration, but as a social login mod, it works great.
Makes it easier for new users to register.

lolicute

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on May 08, 2015, 03:38:25 AM
I have to say smfpack's social login mod does the job for me. It is not the same as SA Facebook Integration, but as a social login mod, it works great.
Yup, but $$$.

samborabora

Quote from: DarkCo0oL on May 08, 2015, 04:55:36 AM
Yup, but $$$.
I can't see this one being updated without having to spare $'s tbh.

Paracelsus

Do you know if you can still manually approve registrations made using sync with social sites? That was one downside with SA mods, it skipped the manual approval of members when that option was selected.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: samborabora on May 07, 2015, 06:02:14 PM

I have to stand up for Kindred, I don't think he's all that bad..  I go through the forum viewing and looking for articles, and I see him helping an awful lot of people with there problems..

Maybe I just got him at the wrong time, when he accidentally knocked the beer bottle over..

Miker1029

Quote from: Kindred on April 29, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
yep... I would never use something like "oneall" on any of my own sites.

Well Kindred You talked me Into it, I've Always hated MAN IN THE MIDDLE Crap, Even Have A Little Angst with Google Analytics  ::) I had OneAll Facebook Until 2 Minutes Ago, Besides, No One Uses it, All My Users Use Google+ or Twitter, And Fortunately SA's Stuff works for those. (WELL!!!)

NOW For the Scary Part, Uninstalling The MOD!  :o

lolicute

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MESWEB

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /Sources/Facebook/FacebookRedirectLoginHelper.php on line 190

How to uninstall this mod manually?

vbgamer45

Upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html then follow the instructions and remove all the edits.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lolicute

vkot

Does anyone know if the mod is abandoned or not?
Should we start searching for alternatives or try to update ourselves? (I haven't looked into the code yet)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

vbgamer45

Try to update it yourselves or look for alternatives.
What was the main things you used this mod for?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: