News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You don't need to skip that step it is in the mod already.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

desiamerican26

I uploaded the New Version of this Mod and it still giving us the same error message as below:

"Exception: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)"

And My FB app is 2.4 ver  :-\

vbgamer45

Yeah that still isn't fixed...Doesn't look easy to update at this time still looking into it though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

It would be a big help if that could be achieved.  :)

Dblog

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on September 07, 2015, 03:27:44 PM
Update:
Note: Next update PHP 5.4 will be required for now on.... Your facebook app now needs to be on 2.4 version

!Removed profile.php link from facebook

It still exists in member profile.
no change !!!1

vbgamer45

Odd might be another place then :(

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dblog

Is there anyway i can manually (i dont want to..but...) edit and remove profile.php?id=xxxxx 

vbgamer45

You can search the sources/facebook files and remove profile.php info that might help.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

I removed SA FB Integration Mod from my site, but I do still see the following FACEBOOK INTEGRATION when i log in with Admin credentials. Please see the attached image for details.

How can I remove that?

Thank You
Nikhil

Koda

So I am having trouble deleting comments... I can hide comments so others cannot see them, but when i am logged in as an administrator they are there mucking up the place.  Any way to remove these?

I don't suppose anyone has made a mod that automatically transfers the facebook post on the forum into a forum post by a proxy forum account.  That would be sweet, as the facebook posts are not exactly in the same order first to last when also discussing with a poster.

Also seem to be having issues when selecting "also post to facebook".  No post is made on facebook.  I see some others are having trouble with this too, is there a workaround?

Thank you!

Koda

Sorry for the double post, I am not good at computars.

Do I need to publish or make my app go live?  It is still in testing mode.  There isn't really a walk through guide for this mod, is there?

The real thing I am trying to get working is publisher, I cannot get it to post to my profile or a group page, it is calling the APIs correctly in the admin panel of my forum, just not posting anything when I hit reply and not giving me the option to post even when I make a new topic.

Is publisher even working?

Kindred

Afaik, the current mod does not handle posting to Facebook. Not since Facebook changed their APIs
It basically only handles likes and registration/login
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Koda

Thank you, I will keep my hopes up as they did just update the mod, there has to be a solution, are not news sites letting people post from their websites to facebook directly still?  I will work on other parts of the mod until more info is available, thanks again.

:edit:

also getting the same error as desi upon trying to register:

"REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)"

This mod is really cool, it would be epic if it were working.  I would certainly not mind paying a one time fee for support for such a working mod.

::2nd edit::

....and another question, sorry for being such a noob, but I was testing the like and reply functionality for the site, and found that when someone liked my post on the forum, I could click the box in my facebook notifications and it would take me directly to my forum.  However if I liked the comment of someone who is not me, they were taken to the facebook homepage instead.

I am thinking this is because I am the app developer?  Is there a way to make it so anyone who receives those notifications can click on them and be taken directly to the website like I am?

Thank you!

desiamerican26

Any Solution?

Quote from: desiamerican26 on September 16, 2015, 12:38:02 PM
Hello Friends,

I removed SA FB Integration Mod from my site, but I do still see the following FACEBOOK INTEGRATION when i log in with Admin credentials. Please see the attached image for details.

How can I remove that?

Thank You
Nikhil

vbgamer45

Try to upload package to
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
And reverse the code instructions.
Then delete all the files it adds as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

@vbgamer45

I actually purchased SMFpacks Social Login yesterday....I am encountering few issues with that. I put down my questions on their thread and waiting on the answers....I am not sure if you can help me out with that solution. If you can, please take a look here:

http://www.smfpacks.com/b178/email-required-create-your-account/3140/30

I am trying to see what files were added with SA Integration....can't really tell and don't want to delete any wrong file  :( :(

vbgamer45

I don't run the smfpacks website.
The package parser will tell you what files it copies and where and what files it edits.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

Ok Sure. I will check from home. the link is blocked at my work.

If SA Integration updates with the issue that I was having, I would still like to get this mod on my site.

Koda

So the weirdest thing happened the other day, I have been messing with this facebook mod and it was 2 days ago when I made a bunch of test posts, telling publisher to send them to facebook... well they all posted!  Today!  2 days after all at once, even dated correctly!  WTF?

I have everything else working with this mod but this is super confusing, it appears as if the publisher does indeed work but there may be some hurdles to jump through.  I just have no explanation why it took 2 days to post the comments to my facebook wall.  This is a really nice mod, I am glad it hasn't been abandoned.  Thank you!

Portugal

Hi,

I Have this problem too "REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)" any idea how to solve this???

Thank

Advertisement: