News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

The mod no longer works with Facebook for posts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jfleming40

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2016, 10:45:24 PM

Is there a mod that can do this for me?

jfleming40

Quote from: jfleming40 on January 02, 2016, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2016, 10:45:24 PM

Mr. Jinx

If your only goal is to post SMF topics/replies on Facebook, you could do it without a mod.
Just use SMF's default RSS feeds and a service like https://dlvr.it/ (pay) or http://twitterfeed.com/ (free)

elyparker

yes sa facebook doesnt pubblish it seem a problem of grant

but how does it grant ?
some updgrade?

vbgamer45

Unfortunately do to facebook changes doesn't work anymore.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ronald_1938

What gets me is FB works with other type of forums like IPB, etc. SMF is the only one that is doesn't work on..

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Miker1029

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2016, 03:01:07 PM
Yeah very sad bad.

LOL, I just keep checking back 8-) Figure IF/When FB Settles down on it's API's It'll get done, Still Running Twitter and Google+ from ya, Get Errors In log but works so F-It 8-)

Mike

jaisi

Thanks for great mod ..i have installed and configured successfully and i'm able to login with Fb credential. but i'm not able to post new topic and even not able to reply any old post ..
My url is Forum.AllNepalMusic . com
Thanks

vbgamer45

Yeah that part no longer works.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

wait.... the send this post to Facebook wall does not work....    but the user who uses Facebook credentials to register/login SHOULD be able to post/reply ON THE FORUM...

If you can not post on the actual forum itself -- then you have a permissions problem
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jaisi

Quote from: Kindred on April 26, 2016, 09:38:57 AM
wait.... the send this post to Facebook wall does not work....    but the user who uses Facebook credentials to register/login SHOULD be able to post/reply ON THE FORUM...

If you can not post on the actual forum itself -- then you have a permissions problem

THank you for replying and i have set all required permission. But new topic and reply bottom is not showing in board.

Kindred

then you have not set the permissions correctly...

does your user belong to any membergroups?
If not, then check the permissions for the general member membergroup

Слaва
Украинi

acsieben

Hi,
I'm getting the  "You have not entered a valid email address" error when new users try to register, anyone knows what could be causing this?

Adrek

Hi, mod works great, but Facebook is sending this notifications:
Quote from: Facebook
[Your App] has been making recent API calls to Graph API v2.0, which will reach the end of the 2-year deprecation window on Monday, August 8, 2016. Please migrate all calls to v2.1 or higher in order to avoid potential broken experiences.

We recommend using our new Graph API Upgrade Tool to see which of your calls are affected by this change as well as any replacement calls in newer versions. You can also use our changelog to see the full list of changes.

So my question is - will this mod (only registration/login - don't need anything else) work after changing API from 2.0 to 2.1 (or even 2.6)? Maybe someone has already higher API than 2.0 and can share if app and mod works for you?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Kindred

probably won't work any more...
Слaва
Украинi

acsieben

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2016, 07:44:12 AM
probably won't work any more...

So it's best to consider that login features won't work anymore? Do you have any insight on how to handle current facebook users?   

Kindred

no clue... I uninstalled this mod after facebook screwed up the auto-post feature, ages ago...
Слaва
Украинi

acsieben

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2016, 07:51:27 AM
no clue... I uninstalled this mod after facebook screwed up the auto-post feature, ages ago...

Yeah, I use it exclusively to allow users to login with Facebook. New registrations stopped working a while back, but for existing Facebook users it still works. I don't think there's an alternative for this but anyone should find it do share!

Advertisement: