SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

Quote from: acsieben on June 22, 2016, 07:57:41 AM
New registrations stopped working a while back
for me new registrations work good, but my app is 4-5 years old, so maybe something related to this.

If registration/login will stop working in August then it would be second social network site that will be gone from good part of forums (after recent changes in instagram API) :|

I guess we will have to wait until August to find out what happens :/
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

acsieben

Actually, after searching again I found this one:

https://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/social-login-smf/

These guys deal with social connectivity so this may be a solution. I'll have to try it.

Adrek

this mod has one great advantage - user can set username before creating account. OneAll mod is setting you username as it looks in FB URL (for example jon.doe233), but it may be good for your needs :)

acsieben

Quote from: phantomm on June 22, 2016, 08:11:26 AM
this mod has one great advantage - user can set username before creating account. OneAll mod is setting you username as it looks in FB URL (for example jon.doe233), but it may be good for your needs :)

It'll have to do! It has the advantage of logging in using other networks, which is nice.

Adrek

for anyone who is using this mod - it does not work anymore:
Exception: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)

Quote from: Facebook
[Your App] has been making recent API calls to Graph API v2.0, which will reach the end of the 2-year deprecation window on Monday, August 8, 2016. Please migrate all calls to v2.1 or higher in order to avoid potential broken experiences.

We recommend using our new Graph API Upgrade Tool to see which of your calls are affected by this change as well as any replacement calls in newer versions. You can also use our changelog to see the full list of changes.

stealthbyroot

This is still issue.

Just install this MOD today and same story.

Exception: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)

More-less, from all this integration functions just Like and Share are working.

Any progress soon?

Thanks to the SMF community.
www.gvazi.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

No progress given up on it the facebook api changed too much requires a lot of files now.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

stealthbyroot

MOD with great features but unfortunately.....

Any good substitute?

Thx
www.gvazi.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Not that I know of. There are other ones that have social logins though
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

stealthbyroot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 19, 2016, 02:30:20 PM
Not that I know of. There are other ones that have social logins though

Is it anything that I can help. Bluefish is ready.  :D
www.gvazi.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Try to switch out the facebook libraries.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

stealthbyroot

For login issues I found solution here http://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/social-login-smf/ [nofollow].

Simple instructions and works out of the box.
www.gvazi.com [nofollow]

Kindred

if you are willing to allow a third party to control your logins...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stealthbyroot

I totally agree, but there in no other options to make things working.
www.gvazi.com [nofollow]

Uhura!

My users are seeing this error when they log in:

QuoteREST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)

Can anyone tell me how to fix that?

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Kindred

AFAIK, there is no fix for that with this mod, at this time...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wedealantiques

Well, I got it to work for me. I can Like and Share posts to my FB page with no errors.
I'm just trying to figure out how to get an image to be included.

What did I do to make mine work? I disabled the Registration setting, as I'm using another mod for that.

It appears to work in Chrome and Firefox, but not IE or Edge.

Actually. I just unchecked the Enable Facebook and it removed the Publish button on the post(which wasn't working), but the Like and Share buttons on the thread remain and still function.

wedealantiques

I don't have access to anything MAC. Can someone check to see if it works with Safari?

https://wetalkantiques.com [nofollow]

wedealantiques

Once I installed TinyPortal, this functionality stopped working. I might try to uninstall and reinstall, but if it doesn't work I'll just not worry about it until a working version comes available.

vbgamer45

It doesn't work due to FB api changes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: