News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samborabora

Quote from: hunger on August 29, 2014, 03:17:05 PM
Is there any updated guided into how to sync this mod with the facebook app? cuz the OP guide talks about options and things that i just cant find in the current facebook page

im getting this error Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher

I do not believe this mod is compatible with facebook apps registered after April or something.

swaggaderby

Please i dont really get how this mod work...Is  that as the admin if i install it any post being posted on my forum will be automatically posted on my facebook page or what exactly....someone pls help

Kindred

if it gets installed properly, and then configured correctly, AND you have a facebook app built before April to use that configuration...   then yes - any post (in board(s) set in the confugruation) will get posted to facebook.

See my LoS forum
http://los.turtleshellprod.com
and the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legions-of-Steel/272479519478619

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on September 11, 2014, 07:33:38 PM
if it gets installed properly, and then configured correctly, AND you have a facebook app built before April to use that configuration...   then yes - any post (in board(s) set in the confugruation) will get posted to facebook.

See my LoS forum
http://los.turtleshellprod.com
and the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legions-of-Steel/272479519478619

Thanks for ur reply....If i have an application before April what if i dont have an apps and i want to create one nw

Kindred

Then, for the moment, you are out of luck
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on September 11, 2014, 08:23:23 PM
i did way back thou but am not sure i remember the details i use for it again...is der no other way out?

swaggaderby

Quote from: swaggaderby on September 11, 2014, 08:34:35 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 11, 2014, 08:23:23 PM
i did way back thou but am not sure i remember the details i use for it again...is der no other way out?
?????????????/

ben sisko

Quote from: ben sisko on September 08, 2014, 05:47:35 AM
I just reinstalled the mod after a big upgrade from SMF 2.0.2 to 2.0.8, but there is no link in the Admin CP for FB Integration.
I checked the installation. every new file/folder is in place, the modification to the files also made.
Also tried uninstall and reinstall, this time i had to made manually 2 file edits (installed other mods in between: PortaMX, AevaMedia, Menu Editor Lite, Downloads, Articles). still no success.
Any ideas?

mikenye

Hello, this works really cool in regards with the like buttons however when I try to register via FB it saids:

Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher

Any ones know how to fix?

Thanks so much!

Bruno36

Hello ! when a member wants creates an account with facebook there is a message ereur

QuoteYou have not entered a valid email address

http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com/board/register/
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ricky.

As already pointed out, this mod is broken with new update as Rest API is disabled with version 2.1 of FB apps.
However, even if you are using previously created FB app, auto registration is not working, it keeps giving error that you have not provided email address.

I hope it helps.

jm_araujo

Quote from: MESWEB on June 21, 2014, 05:06:26 PM
I have error:
hxxp:obeznany.pl/index.php?topic=10.msg16 [nonactive]
8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: /home/*l/public_html/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php
Line: 173 & 174
I found out I had my log full of this errors (around 200k when I noticed)

Since I couldn't find a solution, I came out with my own.
I've changed the lines 173&174:
$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace('~&#x([0-9a-f]+);~ei', 'chr(hexdec("\\1"))', $cleaned[0]['body']);
$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace('~&#([0-9]+);~e', 'chr("\\1")', $cleaned[0]['body']);

To:
$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace_callback('~&#x([0-9a-f]+);~i',
    function ($matches) {
        return chr(hexdec($matches[0]));
    },
    $cleaned[0]['body']);

$cleaned[0]['body'] = preg_replace_callback('~&#([0-9]+);~',
    function ($matches) {
        return chr($matches[0]);
    },
    $cleaned[0]['body']);

And now my log is error free!!

Kindred

ummm... I am not certain, but I don't think what you did is actually completely valid, code-wise.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Actually it is. PHP 5.3+ supports such inlined functions, aka closures.

However... at least one of those - and likely both of those - are already available in similar form in SMF core because core itself needed the same functions during PHP 5.5 compat fixing.

SMFHacks.com Team

Update for that issue. Used a little different code than suggested.

!Better php 5.5 support in FacebookHooks.php
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

psousa

You should add information on FB API version restrictions to 1st page of this topic and also on smf module download page. It's a waste of time to install and configure this mod if you don't have an FB APP prior to may which, I think, is the most of the people...

aquagrrl

I'm trying to get the app to work, and running into a problem under :ublisher. I'm lucky in that I have an old facebook app to use, so I don't think that's the problem. The error is:
"In order for the Publisher to be able to publish your posts automatically, you must grant some "Extended Permissions" to the App. To do so, click this button. This will also cause the page to refresh, in order to save the results."
I hit grant permissions, the first time it said some things needed to be reviewed, the reloaded the page. The second time, it says "permissions granted?" it seems to flash something for a second, reload to the index, but then I go back to that page, and still have the same error.

franktrog

Should I be able to see options to share posts on Facebook or like posts on Facebook after implementing the SA Facebook Integration package?
http://latigo.marestare.com/forum3/

I was able to register a user via Facebook successfully, though it did say I needed to get the Facebook app approved, so maybe that is why some of the features aren't showing up on my forum yet?

Advertisement: