News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well, I used it to auto-post new threads to the facebook group...

this, of course, seems to be broken now, with facebook's recent changes (which is disappointing)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronald_1938

Would be nice to have this mod in use again..

There is no other alternatives around..

Nibogo

Quote from: Oldcrow on June 12, 2015, 10:23:37 AM

It won't be possible to re-do it like it was (with all the same features). Facebook trimmed what devs can do with their API.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Nibogo on June 13, 2015, 01:49:52 PM

It won't be possible to re-do it like it was (with all the same features). Facebook trimmed what devs can do with their API.
That's what I thought as well :( Similar things have occurred with linked and twitter cutting back the apis that are open to use.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Nibogo on June 13, 2015, 01:49:52 PM

Even if it just allows you to show the icon on the post and then allows you to post the post on FB. I don't think we need all the extra goodies with the mod..

Kindred

Well, the auto post to a group or page seems to be something that can be done, since my wordpress site currently does just that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronald_1938

On an older SMF site I have, I have the same mod installed I can post o0ver to FB no problems..

But since installing the Responsive Curve mod and the 2.010 upgrade, the FB mod started showing many FB errors.. If I try to install the mod it show four edits and after installed the errors come back..

Nibogo

Quote from: Oldcrow on June 13, 2015, 05:10:03 PM
Even if it just allows you to show the icon on the post and then allows you to post the post on FB. I don't think we need all the extra goodies with the mod..

Yes, that part can indeed be done with the current API. But the same doesn't applies to the entire list of features, unfortunately Facebook (and Twitter) just like to give devs a hard time.

timidapsin

My facebook login Stopped working and it started showing this error when trying to login / register with facebook
Invalid Scopes: offline_access, status_update, publish_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

timidapsin

vbgamer45

Untested but try this version instead remove old
This file attached
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nineob

Quote from: Polv89 on July 02, 2014, 03:57:06 PM
Quote from: kronprom on May 31, 2014, 06:54:07 AM
Dzonny  :   sorry for my bad English .. I will try my best to answer you  :)

1 .  Choose : Your Application name
2.   Check:    API  version  supported  for your App
                      **   If you just create new application , it will show only v2.0 that's means  you can not use SA FB Module with your App.
                 To Solve :
                      1.  Change your Application   (if you have created  before April , Choose one that support API v1.0 "
                      or 2. Modify code in File  FaccbookHooks.php     find  " me?fields=id,name,username"  then remove ",username"

3.  Click :  "Get Access Token" 
4.   Test Get :  field " username"   

I've tried this but i have this error "OAuthException: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."

edit username  is  email

$user_profile = $facebook->api('/me?fields=id,name,email');

$_SESSION['safbname'] =  self::character_clean($user_profile['name']);
    $_SESSION['safbusername'] = !empty($user_profile['email']) ? $user_profile['email'] : $user_profile['name'];
$_SESSION['safbusername1'] = !empty($user_profile['email']) ? $user_profile['name'] : '';

Adrek

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 21, 2015, 01:21:15 AM
Untested but try this version instead remove old
This file attached

Thanks for update.

Login/registration works, only thing that I noticed is that URL to user FB profile page is always causing error:
Profile Unavailable
Sorry, this profile is not available at the moment. Please try again shortly.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

vbgamer45

Cool will update the mod with those changes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
Some Updates to work with facebook better. Register and login with facebook. Using facebook API 3.2.3
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Paracelsus

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on July 09, 2015, 12:23:28 AM
Update
Some Updates to work with facebook better. Register and login with facebook. Using facebook API 3.2.3

Hi, by using facebook to register is it still possible to manually approve it afterwards or it is automatically approved?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

trainyoucon

Hi there.

In stalled and getting the error:

error: Exception: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)

Not sure if I created my FB app wrong.

Any help or idea what could cause this?

trainyoucon

Still getting the same error.

Tried the following also.

SA Facebook 3.0
SA Facebook 2.0.5

SF 2.0.10

tectonny

Installed in smf 2.1 beta 2 without error, but the redirect after installation I get this error:

Unable to load the 'main' template.

You can solve this problem?

Advertisement: