SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

It's not updated for 2.1 beta 2 yet
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dblog

How to ban/restrict members based on facebook ID or name.
Also there's a bug : If i deleted a member who registered through FB and then disabled all registration methods, that member is still able to create a new ID using facebook !

vbgamer45

How to ban/restrict members based on facebook ID or name.
No way currently.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Miker1029

GOD I'm getting sick of this $HIT!!!    Now I spent most of the Day Redoing My Facebook page, In an attempt to get this "NEW" Mod Working, and Getting the Same Depricated Error as I had On the OLD one, Tried Getting the SA Twitter Working, NEW is PUCKED, and the old one works, the ONLY SA Media that works is google+ and has since the day I installed It.....

I understand you do this for free, BUT THAT'S ABOUT ALL IT'S WORTH!!!!    Sick of seeing these verified MODS (FOR 2.0.10 NO LESS!!!!!) and they DON'T work, and SUPPORT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS Is Ridicules, REALLY, GO IN MAKE an APP/API, Punch in the Codes they give you AND BAM, IT SUPPOSED TO WORK!!!!

Now I check in to see HOW TO FIX the DEPRICATE Error and there's NOT AN F'N ANSWER!!!!!!!! all they way from JAN 2015!!!!!

THIS IS STUPID, and I'm getting REALLY tired of Bogus Screwed up MODS!!!

vbgamer45

It has to be recoded. I don't have energy at the moment to do so I maintain over 100 mods free/paid.
I can gladly build one if you need it now but my hourly rate is $100 an hour.  I am thinking it would take about 3 to 5 hours of time. To research and test.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

there is no current solution for the "deprecated" issue.

blame facebook for that. They went and changed the entire API around, meaning that all of the previous work is worth nothing.
Additionally, they then removed the access for historical connections, so even those of us who had created a connection using the (working) old application could no longer use it.

As I understand it, vbgamer's recent update basically allows like and register only... It does not allow posting to facebook from the forum (which is what I used it to do)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 04, 2015, 03:10:19 PM
It has to be recoded. I don't have energy at the moment to do so I maintain over 100 mods free/paid.
I can gladly build one if you need it now but my hourly rate is $100 an hour.  I am thinking it would take about 3 to 5 hours of time. To research and test.

I GET THAT, I really do!!  But how is the MOD going to be UPDATED TO WORK WITH 2.0.10, AND version 3.0???  The Old version was Deprecated. And I read the posts back then, BUT I just got this from the FB Dev Site:

v2.4
/v2.4/{object}
July 8, 2015
At least until July 8, 2017
v2.3
/v2.3/{object}
March 25, 2015
July 8, 2017
v2.2
/v2.2/{object}
October 30, 2014
March 25, 2017
v2.1
/v2.1/{object}
August 7, 2014
October 30, 2016
v2.0
/v2.0/{object}
April 30, 2014
August 7, 2016
v1.0
/{object}
April 21, 2010
Unavailable as of April 30, 2015

THE Last one on that List is the one I started with (the sa facebook mod then and the reason it didn't work) , so if you have Updated it then the least it should be is V2.0 to AUGUST 7th, 2016!

I get if FB is messing up, But as others I've been waiting on this for a LONG time, and just don't get how or why a MOD that had been Updated to 2.0.10 compatibility can be approved when it doesn't work?!?!??!?!? Not that that's your fault, but all I can go by is what the MOD section tells me 2.0.10, and FB that says 2.0 is good till 2016.....

JUST SO CONFUSED?!?!??!?!?!?!

vbgamer45

Yeah I really dislike that end of life too soon. Means redoing work often. The frameworks change big time from release to release. I don't like it now. I have to include many files just to get it to work for no real gain over the old api version.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Miker1029

Quote from: Kindred on August 04, 2015, 03:17:24 PM
there is no current solution for the "deprecated" issue.

blame facebook for that. They went and changed the entire API around, meaning that all of the previous work is worth nothing.
Additionally, they then removed the access for historical connections, so even those of us who had created a connection using the (working) old application could no longer use it.

As I understand it, vbgamer's recent update basically allows like and register only... It does not allow posting to facebook from the forum (which is what I used it to do)

And if it is facebook, then I'm fixing to be done with, Just tried to Register and still getting the deprecated crap!

Sry for the Earlier AGRO, But DAMN!!!!! ALREADY!!!!!!

Miker1029

And hell dude, like I said your G+ has been working like a CHARM for 8 months or more, I'd even consider donating (and I'm on an extremely fixed income but could squeeze somewhere), just to have it work like G+, But if FB keeps crap up (and it seems they're gonna) it's just not worth it to anyone.....

Kindred

oh... and with regards to the "update to 2.0.10"

Mods are reviewed for coding and function when they are submitted. After that, it is up to the author and the users to find/correct issues that arise - especially due to third party crap like FB...

So, there was no "approved" for 2.0.10. The mod was reviewed and approved when it was first released only.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Ahh, Didn't know that, Might be a good Idea to do that tho,  That means Anyone who had a Mod for 2.0 rc1  can just say hey I'm Compat with 2.0.10???  I get, Probably don't have the kind of resources for that....

Oh Well, I'm thinking (even though I know Squat about coding) just go in and do it myself, With trial and error and a couple weeks I'm sure I can get it, HELL, right now I'm using AD Management just to have my logos shown, because I don't wanna F' the coding of the site....

But guessing I'm not gonna have a choice.... Just thinking about it is making my brain hurt...... But ALL the code is on the site to do it...

Since I am CRAP for coding, could you suggest a way to do it, I mean I know Enough, about like "include" where you want it, So I should basically make separate .PHP scripts (sorry that's what I really have the most experience in) for each ACTION, Like "include" in the log-in .php for  it to run that script?

and that's one of my bigger problems, which google search sometimes ends up to be a PITA, I have to find each PLACE/FILE to add this.... Guess why we use MODS 8-)...

oroedel

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 04, 2015, 03:10:19 PM

If he has no time to do so the mod is out of life.

If he could do it if we pay him his work (yes work have value, or you poeple waste time for your boss without a monthly payment?), so the best way would be to pay him.

There are 24 poeple who downloaded the "hack" he did, so what to pay at least a 20 dollar? This would pay the 500 dollar he would invest in time.

I coded a lot in my live, for free to tune up mailbox systems (crazy old times) and got no refund at all. Ok, I did only what I needed and who would use it used. The rest f*ck up.

If you like to blame, PAY for the right to do it! If you don´t pay, shut up!

I can´t pay him 500 dollar, no chance but if all users of the mod payed him a new RUNNING version would be ready. And it´s reallity: the actual user generation is too dumb to register in a forum, but uses fb :-( Strange world.
I need this mod!

DSystem

If you're going to pay for this easy.

Has this sale-> http://www.smfpacks.com/sociallogin

vbgamer45

Quote from: DSystem on August 09, 2015, 09:53:19 AM

Doesn't do the same stuff.  That just does login's. This current mod works with just logins. It is the extra features that no longer work.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DSystem

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 09, 2015, 10:15:32 AM
Quote from: DSystem on August 09, 2015, 09:53:19 AM

Doesn't do the same stuff.  That just does login's. This current mod works with just logins. It is the extra features that no longer work.

These extras resources makes no lack. The main objective is to login. The mod does what is promised.

Of course, if you had the same resources would be better.  ;)

Kindred

dsystem, that made no sense.
the current version of this mod WORKS for logins.

personally, I don't want logins. I want/need the additional features of auto posting forum posts to the facebook page/group.
Слaва
Украинi

vkot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 12, 2015, 10:05:28 AM
Try to update it yourselves or look for alternatives.
What was the main things you used this mod for?

I used it for facebook login only.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 21, 2015, 01:21:15 AM
Untested but try this version instead remove old
This file attached

Didn't work for me

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on July 09, 2015, 12:23:28 AM
Update
Some Updates to work with facebook better. Register and login with facebook. Using facebook API 3.2.3

Also didn't work for me.

When I try to login, facebook says:
QuoteInvalid Scopes: offline_access, status_update, publish_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions
and then I get redirected back to forum, where it says:
QuoteOAuthException: (#12) username field is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher

Kindred says it's working for logins, what am I missing?
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

vbgamer45

The mod site should have the new code.It sounds like your are using the old version
I checked my code and i no longer using any "offline_access, status_update, publish_stream."

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob La Londe

Is it possible to setup a brand a new installation to logon via Facebook? 

Advertisement: