News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Of the mod? It should do that by default as long as you have a FB app.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bob La Londe

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 10, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
Of the mod? It should do that by default as long as you have a FB app.

Well it is not clear with all the discussion of Facebook changing their APP and API setup if you can can setup a new APP to work or not if say you were installing from scratch today. 

FYI:  Facebook is most likely changing their setup for legal reasons. 

Kindred

No, Facebook changes their app for developer reasons...  Which means that they are being stupid and arrogant, because they can be...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Quote from: Kindred on August 10, 2015, 10:19:06 PM
No, Facebook changes their app for developer reasons...  Which means that they are being stupid and arrogant, because they can be...
oh the irony :D

vkot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 10, 2015, 08:28:25 AM
The mod site should have the new code.It sounds like your are using the old version
I checked my code and i no longer using any "offline_access, status_update, publish_stream."

This is the one I used. But I discovered that the old ones were not deleted when I uninstalled the old version, and the new files were not written on top of the old ones, so the mod was still working with the old version. I uploaded the files manually and it's working now :)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

vbgamer45

Good to know glad you have it working.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Wellwisher

Facebook have changed the auto posting api or something, I read about this on buffer.

FB also has a handy video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz48L0m5nc

It's kinda annoying not being able to use auto posting api. New FB api rules means all the message must be entered MANUALLY by the user. Otherwise its a policey violation. So you can basically say goodbye to any apps which use to auto post on yourbehalf to FB. It's just the dumbest stupidest thing FB has done.

It makes no sense at all. Prefilling or auto posting is a handy feature. Instead, what nubs at FB could have done was to visually show all message which was about to be posted and have the user confirm, they want to post all of that.

Kindred

I think that you have misunderstood the facebook rules.

I use an autposter on several other sites. The content IS written by "the user" - it is just cross posted to Facebook, Twitter and Google+
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Casa Grande

I just installed this and everything seems to be working ok, except for the avatar import.  I clicked the "import" button for "Import FB Avatar" and it shows up as a white block now.  Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Not sure would need to take a look maybe api is a little different for avatars.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

Hi,

I just installed SA Integration on my site, but when I test to click on the icon, it gives me the following error

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Please Help with this. My Site: www.desi-american.com

Thank You
Nikhil

Bob La Londe

Quote from: Kindred on August 10, 2015, 10:19:06 PM

Maybe, but I would think it would be related to recent copyright cases regarding APIs. 

vbgamer45

Quote from: desiamerican26 on September 04, 2015, 11:12:50 AM
Hi,

I just installed SA Integration on my site, but when I test to click on the icon, it gives me the following error

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Please Help with this. My Site: www.desi-american.com

Thank You
Nikhil
You have to change the facebook app settings to allow www.desi-american.com

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

@vbgamer45

Where I can do that. I actually just created new app on FB and trying to figure it out.

Can you please help guide me how to do that?

I clicked SETTINGS, please see attached image for changes i made.

Thank You
Nikhil

vbgamer45

Domain looks make sure your site does use www. and does not redirect to without it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

oooh....yea I do redirect my site. This is how it is: desi-american.com REDIRECTS to desi-american.com/forum

Do I have to get rid of Redirection or is there any other way to solve this issue?

Thank You
Nikhil

margarett

And you don't have www in your site too ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

desiamerican26

@margarett....no no no I do have www, i just put that for vbgamer to let him know that I am redirecting the site from one to another....and if there is any solution on that.......

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

desiamerican26

holy crap  :-\

i never noticed that.....how can i fix that now?  :'(

Advertisement: