News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

KarmaLog

Started by Kindred, May 23, 2005, 04:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Link to Mod

The mod will add a log of all Karma actions (applaud and smite) and KEEP that log (unlike the standard SMF karma log, which is erased and replaced)
It adds an admin function "View Karma Log" down in the maintainence menu of the admin section.

This is version 1.0 of the mod.
Basic display of the log in the admin section.

{edit} modified the install file to work in the package manager under 1.0.4 and 1.1...

Future additions (not yet implemented!)
Tracking of Admin changes to a user's Karma
Ability to empty the log
option to send a user a PM when they are appluaded/smited
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

redone

Works with SMF Beta 1.1 just need to do the mod manually. Would not work with the package manager.

A useful mod! Thanks a lot.

:)

Nyx

Its ok but an option to remove the logs would be great

Kindred

That's in the works for the next revision... (clicking the clear logs link in admin will also clear the Karma Log)

I am not going to release a new version until I can get tracking of admin modifications to Karmas in, though... since that was a big request by someone...  A few more weeks, probably, since I'm also working on some mambo modules to go with the bridge...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stargazer_1017

Thank you so much for this mod, Kindred! I love it! Keep up the awesome work!

-Shayna

SaniOKh

It's awesome, I needed this so much! Thanks!!!
By the way, is it possible to modify "applauds" and "smites" messages in your MOD?

Kindred

the mod uses whatever you have set in your langauge file as the terms for (plus) and (minus) karma...
Слaва
Украинi

ukrob12

I installed the mod, however it did not work, displaying:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare karmalogmain() (previously declared in /home/ukrob12/public_html/forums/Sources/Karma.php:205) in /home/ukrob12/public_html/forums/Sources/Karma.php on line 277

When I try to view the logs, and it also even stopping people from being able to give karma. As it wasn't working I tried uninstalling, but it did not uninstall, although the package is no longer displayed in the list, the Karma log is still there, and the same errors are being shown. I have had to disable Karma for now.

Can you tell me what is happening, and how to fix it?

Kindred

you installed twice...   

and you installed the 1.0 version under SMF 1.0.3, upgraded to 1.0.4 without uninstalling...

since the 1.0 version only called for 1.0.3, there is no valid uninstall after your upgrade to 1.0.4...

So, what you'll need to do is either upload a clean copy for Karma.php (which should be fine, if you have not installed any other mods that alter Karam.php....)  or view the KarmaLog.mod file and uninstall by hand...
Either way, you'll have to do some uninstallation by hand...

in index.php remove
      'karma' => array('Karma.php', 'KarmaLogMain'),

in Admin.php remove
      // And the extended Karma Log
      db_query("
         DELETE FROM {$db_prefix}log2_karma", __FILE__, __LINE__);

in Subs.php remove
            'view_karma_log' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=karma">' . $txt['view_karma_log'] . '</a>',

in Modifications.english.php remove
// Karma Log
$txt['karma_log'] = '<b>Karma Log</b>';
$txt['view_karma_log'] = 'View Karma Log';
$txt['karma_good_incr'] = 'increased Good Karma by';
$txt['karma_good_decr'] = 'decreased Good Karma by';
$txt['karma_bad_decr'] = 'increased Bad Karma by';
$txt['karma_bad_incr'] = 'decreased Bad Karma by';

(notes: This is in addition to the Karma.php modifications....
Слaва
Украинi

Isaac

Great mod, very nice work. :)
I have a suggestion for the next version though.  Maybe you could make it so when the person gets Applauded/ Smited, a PM is sent to them telling them they have been smited.

Kindred

I'll take it under consideration.

(as a note, except for bugfix releases, I will not be releasing a new version of this mod until SMF 1.1 is public)
Слaва
Украинi

ukrob12

I was just wondering, could someone provide me with a copy of the Karma.php file then, and thanks for the help Kindred  :D

Kindred

Karma.php can be gotten from the install ZIP for SMF... (it's available in the downlaods section of this site)

Слaва
Украинi

ukrob12

Thanks, I done as you suggested, and got it working fine!

AtariKid

Beautiful!   8)  Thanks Kindred  :)
Rawk on dude!
SMF 1.1 RC1 | MKP 1.1 Rc1

Jako

Where exactly is Modifications.english.php found?
Maximus: Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity.

xenovanis

On your forums location in /Themes/default/languages/
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Jako

Finally, that error I was getting when I tried to give people Karma is gone!

It turns out what I had to do is delete the Karma Log mod, delete the Karma.php along with this Karma.php~ and then upload a new, fresh Karma.php and everything was blossom.

Maximus: Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity.

LostProphecy

seeing as 1.1 beta has gone public will we be seeing an updated version? *hopes*
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

Kindred

yes, I am making some modifications to add tracking of admin modification to Karma and I'll release a 1.1 version and add an item to clear the log...

on one note, If the current mod habdles everything that you want, I believe that the current mod will install if you change the install for="1.03, 1.04" line in the XML file...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: