News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

KarmaLog

Started by Kindred, May 23, 2005, 04:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay T

I just installed and when I click view Karma log it takes me to my index page.

I am using 1.1 Beta. I downloaded and installed as a package

Kindred

sounds like the mod did not install completely...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jay T

I uninstalled it and reinstalled .

It is doing the same thing.

I guess it needs to be manually installed.

Kindred

that is possible...   check smf's index.php... see if the karma action was added to the array?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jay T

OK, now I am getting this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare karmalogmain() (previously declared in /home/legends/public_html/Sources/Karma.php:211) in /home/legends/public_html/Sources/Karma.php on line 267

Kindred

yup... because you installed it twice.... go into Karma.php and remvoe one instance of the function...
Слaва
Украинi

Jay T

Fixed, thanks Kindred.

rojamaia

Quote from: oldmanwolf on August 06, 2005, 11:23:20 PM
Quote from: malinaobenny on August 06, 2005, 10:12:30 PM
so i'll just edit that line and put in 'uid' instead of plain uid?

Yup... That fixed it for me...

it still wont work. i still got the same error:

QuoteDuplicate entry '49-2' for key 1
File: /discussion/Sources/Karma.php
Line: 101

i also tried to change all
Quoteuid
into
Quote'uid'
but i ended up getting a white page.

rojamaia

i got another error message:
Database Error: Duplicate entry '73-2' for key 1

i can already notice a pattern when these kinds of errors come.  it comes from giving a karma to my members to whom i've already applauded before, even if that last applaud was already weeks ago.  am i not allowed to applaud the same person, ever?  :( ???

Padfoot

Getting the following error appear in the logs whenever someone use's Karma...
Quote8: Use of undefined constant uid - assumed 'uid'
File: /home/updsaasd/public_html/smf/Sources/Karma.php
Line: 107

Line 107 is:
QuoteVALUES ({$dir}, {$_REQUEST[uid]}, {$ID_MEMBER}, " . time() . ')', __FILE__, __LINE__);

Any ideas?

Kindred

this on;y appears to happen on some systems and not on others.

Change line 107 to read:
   VALUES ({$dir}, {$_REQUEST['uid']}, {$ID_MEMBER}, " . time() . ')', __FILE__, __LINE__);
Слaва
Украинi

rojamaia

i have another problem

i can't seem to add another karma (positive or negative) to a member that i've already voted or added a karma before. 

i know that i'm only able to add a karma only after an hour after my last karma vote, but it's been weeks, and i still can't add another karma

i get this

QuoteUnknown MySQL error

Kindred

that's odd...   doesn't seem to happen on any of my test or production systems.
Слaва
Украинi

thinkbig

excited after reading  the comments, so i installed it.
mine's 1.0.5

but this is what I get when sometries to 'smite' another

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare karmalogmain() (previously declared in public_html/forums/Sources/Karma.php:196) in
public_html/forums/Sources/Karma.php on line 252

help please :)

Menni

HELP!
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/hiekkal/public_html/keskustelu/Sources/Karma.php on line 244
What should I do?

// return the array?
if ($output_method != 'echo' || empty($return))
return $return;

// print as html?
foreach ($return as $data)
echo $data['executor'], ' ', $data['action'], ' ', $data['target'], ' ', $data['time'], '<br />';

unset($return);
}

}

}

}

}

// The karma log

function KarmaLogMain()
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $sourcedir, $context, $db_prefix;

Kindred

I don't know what you did, but (to me) it looks like you have a bunch of extra close-brackets }...

Look at your original Karma.php and correct it.
Слaва
Украинi

gerrymore

Hi Kindred,

I have yhe Mod installed and working. I have seen on other sites they display the results of the Karma Log on html or php pages that the public can view. How would I go about doing this? It would, more than likely be one of the pages in my static page mod. (SMF.1.B3 &TP 0.75).

(I am new to php coding BTW)
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Kindred

Gerry,

There is another mod, called "Karma Description" which does what you are talking about.

Since he has put so much work into his (and essentially does the same thing as mine, albeit in a different manner) and I am still behind on updating my other mods, I have (for the moment) decided that I will not be updating this mod in the foreseeable future.

one note: You should probably uninstall this mod before installing the Karma Description. Since the two mods do siomilar thins, there may be unwated interaction if both are installed.
Слaва
Украинi

gerrymore

I had a look at that one as well. The way it all looks is very complex an "busy" for my liking. All I wanted to do is get the basic info and display it on a page.

Something like this http://www.nadiaimani.co.uk/nadsweb/nanalog.php (They call it Bananas, rather than Karma).

gerrymore

The link is in Admin near the error log link.

Advertisement: