Cloneing/Mirroring My forum

Started by aw06, February 20, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Whats the best/Quickest way to clone/Mirror an installation of 1.1.11 ... I have a Forum and i want to start another ... the new forum will be on a different topic, So all i need is to clone my current because i want to use the same theme/mods/tweaks, then once up delete all users and posts then make the necessary adjustments needed.
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Kill Em All

There are multiple ways to do this. Probably the best way would just be make a back up of your currently live forum's database, copy every forum file and paste them in a new directory. Then upload your database that you just backed up then just give it a different name, then connect the forum to it by changing the Settings.php. or you can run the repair_settings.php.
What is repair_settings.php?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Draffi

Sorry for to bump this old topic, but i have this question for many month inside me.

The way sounds logical to me. but ...

...when i delete the (existing) members in the cloned-forum, probably it is possible that they have no entrance in the old one?

or it is not important, because i changed the name from the SQL-database?

Illori

please open a separate topic for your issue, and please dont bump old topics.

Draffi

OK.

(All i wanted was, that other members when they search a problem like this, that they have the information in ONE topic, not in hundred...)

Bigguy

If there are two separate databases being used then it would not matter about the first site as members would only be deleted from the other database. The only time you would have to worry is if you had two forums on the same database. Then your scenario would be a problem.

Advertisement: