News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

All Icons and Images gone

Started by spg2810, February 23, 2010, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spg2810

Hi, yesterday I noticed all my icons and images have gone from my forum, Gallery as well?
Im sure I have everything up to date and all url and directory paths are correct.
Im currently hosting my forum with euk host which are giving me loads of problems, there fire wall keeps banning users ips, so Im not sure if this is an issue with them again, I looking into that next.
I just cant see whats wrong and would be very grateful if any one can help.

hxxp:perfectparrots.co.uk [nonactive]

SMF 1.1.11

Rgds Stuart
hxxp:www.ashingtonwx.co.uk [nonactive]

goldwinggl

MrPhil

Your image files exist, but do not seem to be displayable. E.g., http://perfectparrots.co.uk/images/pp4.jpg on my browser just brings up a text message. Could someone (your host?) have gone through and re-uploaded all your images, but in the wrong mode (ASCII instead of binary)? Can you directly display an image in your browser (as above)? Did someone install "hotlink protection" on your site (in the .htaccess file)? Have other configuration changes been made that might be blocking images?

spg2810

Mr Phil, Well done !!! Thankyou
I have just checked my c-panel settings and for some reason hotlink protection was enabled, I've not made any changes there for a while, but anyway thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I just got to the stage of going round in circles

Rgds Stuart.
hxxp:www.ashingtonwx.co.uk [nonactive]

Advertisement: