SMF is GOOD, but you really need unread filters

Started by nokonium, May 24, 2005, 01:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nokonium

I have no doubts that SMF is the dogs gonads, but the unfortunate result is popularity.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make it possible to filter out what you do not want.

I do not speak Hebrew, Turkish or Italian and I'm inclined to believe that our Turkish bretheren do not necessarily want to see the posts in Dutch or Spanish. Multilingual peeps may want to be able to see posts in several languages.

What most of us do not want is 10 or 12 pages to wade through.

[Unknown]

It'd only bring it down maybe 2 pages, though.  Still 8 or 10 pages :P.

Anyway, you can go to the board in question and hit "mark as read".

-[Unknown]

xenovanis

Even if I do that, these posts still show up when I read my unread posts since last visit.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

[Unknown]

Even if you mark as read?  Doesn't happen for me.

Note that you have to mark the board itself read, not the parent.

-[Unknown]

xenovanis

Quote from: [Unknown] on May 24, 2005, 02:18:02 PM

Note that you have to mark the board itself read, not the parent.

-[Unknown]

That's the misunderstanding. Thanks!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

nokonium

But why can't members have the option to have a selective "view unread posts"?

If I could filter out Mambo, because I don't have it, (Arabic), Catalan, 中文 (Chinese), Español, Français, Hilfe zu SMF (German), Ελληνικά (Greek), עברית  (Hebrew), Italiano, Nederlands, Português, Русский (Russian), Svenska/Norsk/Dansk, Suomenkielinen tuki, Türkçe (Turkish) because they are languages that I cannot understand,  News and Politics, Video Game Stuff, because I'm not interested and Converters and Importers, because I only use SMF installed as SMF...... that would make a hell lot more than a 2 page difference when needed.

Killer Possum

[offtopic]

Quote from: nokonium on May 24, 2005, 01:51:54 PM
I have no doubts that SMF is the dogs gonads

Sorry for the off topic post but... wow :P

[/offtopic]

Advertisement: