News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick Ban on Account Delete

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 05, 2010, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

I disagree with a few of the statements posted here. I have access to a few forums that get a lot of traffic which enabled me to witness the logs which show user (spammer)  behavior after an IP is banned.  The same IP that belongs to a spammer does indeed attempt registration or forum access repeatedly which clearly shows in the ban logs. To ban an IP permanently is incorrect mostly due to dynamic IP assignment from various ISP's  but putting a time limit on such a ban for ie. 5 - 15 days is adequate. However, one would have to develop the means to automatically delete those IP/email bans prior to them expiring because an expired ban would let the user/spammer gain access after the ban.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

rexall9000

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 1:05 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, vbgamer!

Brilliant!  Easy to install, no configuration required, works first time "right out of the box," and saves lot of clicks dealing with this chore!   Five ***** Stars!

Thanks!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Minor update
!Removed some mysql_ functions from SMF 2.0 version
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Shades.

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on January 15, 2017, 08:50:14 PMMinor update
!Removed some mysql_ functions from SMF 2.0 version

In package manager the version still says 1.0.1 ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Updated to add support for SMF 2.1.x

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: