TinyButtons! (preview and website)

Started by alienine, December 18, 2003, 08:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alienine

I've made this topic specifically for the TinyButtons page. So post your feedback/tiny buttons here! :)

CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE TINY BUTTONS PAGE

Preview attached.

[edit: updated URL]

eFishie

Oh no! You seem to have forgotten the GML icons I made!

<-- Made in Game Maker 5

<-- Made with Game Maker Language

And for my Cybiko buttons...

<-- DevCybiko.com's Basic-2-C compiler.

<-- Made with CyBasic 3.

I now have a couple more Cybiko buttons!

<-- Made for Cybiko Classic (model 114).

<-- Made for CyX2 (Cybiko Xtreme.)

More buttons:

SMF Mod (new!):

Negative of SMF Mod (new!):

YaBB SE:
(Made in Paint!)

USA Pride:

YaBB SE 1.5.4:

XOOPS button:

Merry Christmas!

ZIP:

SMF Theme:

Unknown's icon :D:

:)

EDIT: Oops, maybe adding .gif to the end of the third one would be smart.

EDIT: Added all icons here.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

alienine

Done!

I hope you won' t mind but I refered to you as Piranha fx.. (I'm not the one for nickname decorations heh) and I've linked to the site on your SMF profile and the email you specified there.

I won't update the preview just yet since your buttons are right after it :).

Acf

nice :) :)  :)  :)  :)  i am just missing the round ones shocky made...
Sigh...

Killer Possum

charlottezweb

Great thread and page.  Thanks for the work :)

Jason

eFishie

--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Shadow

Ohhh! YAY! Can I make some requests? Well I'm going to anyways, since I cannot make one (I have trouble drawing stick people). I'd like some "Hosted on" or "Powered by" for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Oh, and a .NET one. So if anyone is bored thank you ^.^
Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

"Sup foos'! I'm Marshie! Capital M and then arshie! I'm going this way!!!"

Shadow

What is that on the bottom of the USA button? Too small for me to see.
Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

Killer Possum

Shadow

Killer Possum

Shadow

Quote from: <? Piranha($fx); ?> on December 18, 2003, 04:30:55 PM
COrrect, USA it is. What were you expecting? Pizza?
I couldn't even see the letters to the point to understand that they were indeed letters.

alienine

Piranha I'd appreciate if you could combine your last 4 replies into ONE? Preferably delete them and put them into your "... made a couple new buttons, and here's some other old ones I found." post. This way all of your creations are in one post and don't take up two pages of the thread. Thanks.

Regarding your buttons (and why I won't be adding them to the site):

ZIP = We already have a nice zip button.
SMF Theme = I don't quite understand the purpose of that one, plus the logo is very unclear.
Unknown's icon = I don't see why anyone would want to use that one (no offense to Unknown).
XOOPS = What is XOOPS? If its some kind of host or service provider then I'm not going to add it to the collection. Plus the text is unclear.
Merry Christmas! = Doesn't have a proper border, tree a bit 'flat', red + green = brown :|
YaBB SE 1.5.4 = We already have a YaBB SE button, this one is extremely unclear and uninteresting.
USA Pride = Technically its just a picture of a flag, those can be obtained for USA and many other nations for free on the net.
YaBB SE = already have one + text is unclear.
SMF Mod = Same situation as with the SMF theme one...

To be honest I belive your Game Maker icons were of a much greater quality.

Shadow

XOOPS is a module based CMS. That icon has a very clear logo of XOOPS and is really just a great icon. I highly suggest thinking about adding that one again.

alienine

Hmmm.. well I'd add it if it had the standard border, the gray background could be soft gradient/simple texture or something to make the white bit of the logo more distinct...

The text covers the logo.. making both unclear (it should probably be black instead of gray..).

I can agree with "is really just a great icon" only to a level... though it is one of the better ones.

alienine

Just to allow others to also criticise my work, I've decided to make my own XOOPS buttons...

Normal:

Non-standard size:

Extra simple:

Shadow

eFishie

But, but . . . pointless buttons are fun!
--Jon

alienine

Yes! But I draw the line at the Unknown button!  :D

Advertisement: