News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advanced Recent Posts

Started by Matthew K., March 08, 2010, 02:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

What version of SMF are you running, first of all?

simmi2121

sir i am using 2.0 rc3 version .....  and designblue  theme ...

T3CHN0

./Themes/design blue/BoardIndex.template.php ./Themes/design blue/css/index.css ./Themes/design blue/languages/Modifications.english.php ./Themes/design blue/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php

the first 3 files is what you need & utf8 files only if you are using utf8 as well.
what is the error & on what file are you are getting the error?.

modernartist

got an error, don't know what's wrong, please help :)

Execute Modification    ./Themes/DSv4/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/DSv4/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed

Find[Select]
// Show lots of posts. elseif (!empty($context['latest_posts'])) { echo ' <dl id="ic_recentposts" class="middletext">'; /* Each post in latest_posts has: board (with an id, name, and link.), topic (the topic's id.), poster (with id, name, and link.), subject, short_subject (shortened with...), time, link, and href. */ foreach ($context['latest_posts'] as $post) echo ' <dt><strong>', $post['link'], '</strong> ', $txt['by'], ' ', $post['poster']['link'], ' (', $post['board']['link'], ')</dt> <dd>', $post['time'], '</dd>'; echo ' </dl>'; }

Replace[Select]
// Show lots of posts. elseif (!empty($context['latest_posts'])) { echo ' <table align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tr><td class="arp_header">', $txt['topic_name'] ,'</td> <td class="arp_header">', $txt['poster_name'] ,'</td> <td class="arp_header">', $txt['board_name'] ,'</td> <td class="arp_header">', $txt['post_time'] ,'</td></tr>'; /* Each post in latest_posts has: board (with an id, name, and link.), topic (the topic's id.), poster (with id, name, and link.), subject, short_subject (shortened with...), time, link, and href. */ foreach ($context['latest_posts'] as $post) echo ' <tr> <td class="arppost arppost_hover arp_left">', $post['link'], '</td> <td class="arppost arppost_hover arp_rest">', $post['poster']['link'], '</td> <td class="arppost arppost_hover arp_rest">', $post['board']['link'], '</td> <td class="arppost arppost_hover arp_rest">', $post['time'], '</td> </tr>'; echo ' </table><br />'; }

DanteOz

How do I make it work with rc4?

Matthew K.

Try using Version Emulate. Otherwise you'll have to wait for an update.

ayteck

Hi, great mod!

But, can i add the number of answer to table? i need it.

Thank you.

Matthew K.

Not sure what you mean by that?

mdj

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on December 15, 2010, 10:40:31 PM
Try using Version Emulate. Otherwise you'll have to wait for an update.

can't wait, I love this mod
SMF Version: 2.0.1

Soulmaster

waiting for the big upgrade to rc5
check out my lightning site

Matthew K.

It won't be upgraded to SMF 2.0 RC5, although I will probably update it to SMF 2.0 Final when it comes out.

tawanda

Hey :) ,

Any news for the 2.0 version ?. It seems that this mod only works upto RC3 version  :(

Matthew K.

It will eventually either be updated, or handed over to a new developer.

1stAngel

I know this is not being updated or whatever but, has anyone any idea how to move the recent posts to the top of the forum instead of the bottom.   It is SO annoying!

When I took this mod off, they vanished altogether LOL

So, any help would be gratefully received :)

Otherwise I will just stick a portal on and use theirs at the top as a workaround

Matthew K.

I am a little bit confused as to what you're looking to do.

1stAngel

As I said, move the latest posts to the top of the forum. 

Never mind.  I have moved them by editing the template myself.  Thank You :)

Matthew K.

Ah, yeah, modify BoardIndex.template.php as you must have figured out.

Best Regards

mischievousx3

I'm having problems installing it manually and automatically =[
i tried to do it manually, but i can't find the first code to replace on my sources/recent.php. and when i do it automatically, an error pops up saying "call to undefined function db_query" when i open up add_settings.php.
i would really love to have this mod, its awesome.

Matthew K.

This modification doesn't modify ./Sources/Recent.php iirc.

mischievousx3

ohh >.< so what should i do? do i have the wrong version or something?

this is where i was trying to download it.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

thanks for replying btw

Advertisement: