News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topic title in bold face

Started by !RFAN, March 10, 2010, 06:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

hi, i am new in forum administration and all so i dont know much about it. But somehow i managed to have smf forum (amigozone dot tk). Now i want to change the face of topics inside board to be bold. i mean topic title should be automatically " Topic " instead of  " Topic "...
please any1 can help me??  :)

Chas Large

You will need to edit the CSS for the theme you are using.

If the area you want to embolden is like my first attachment (highlighted with RED box) then you need to change the part of the CSS for the area called top_subject and add a setting for

font-weight: bold

I have simulated this so you can see what it will look like in my second attachment.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

!RFAN

okay thanks, i have done according to your instructions and it was useful for me.
but what i actually want is that the topic title in a category, where all topic are listed, should have bold face. as my topic "Topic title in bold face " was listed in "SMF 2.x Support". i want my topic title to have a bold face when it is listed in category. Sorry i cant provide you image. i hope you understood me.
i need your guidelines :)

Chas Large

I'm glad it was useful.

You need to find the CSS for that section of your forum index. I use the Element Inspector in FireFox or Chrome to identify the element that needs changing and then modify the CSS accordingly.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

!RFAN

here is the css file of the theme of my forum... suggest me what to do?

Chas Large

Sorry no, you'll need to go to the developer of the theme you are using for that.

Advertisement: