News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Convert bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.11?

Started by cabezon, March 10, 2010, 05:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabezon

I'm trying to figure this out, but apparently I'm doing something wrong because I keep getting the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function loaddatabase()." From another topic, it looks like that might be the result of using the wrong convert.php file, but it beats me. There's no converter script for bbPress listed on this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0

Can anybody tell me if this is possible, or do I need to use SMF 2?

Thanks.

Norv

Could you please try using the package in Downloads > Converters?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

cabezon

Hey Norv,

Thanks for your reply. That's the converter I'm using, which is giving the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function loaddatabase()." I searched all the files in the SMF 1.1.11 install directory, and didn't find the loaddatabase function anywhere. I'm assuming that means it's new to SMF 2.0.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Norv

Are you using a SMF 1.1.11 installation with a converter to 1.1.x?
Or, are you using a SMF 2.0 RC3 installation, with a converter to 2.0?
One of these, should be the case.

It sounds to me like you may have a certain converter version with another SMF version... Could you please check?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

cabezon

I'm trying to convert bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.11, with the converter from the downloads page, BBpress to SMF 2.0 RC2.

cabezon

And, I'm only using that converter because there doesn't appear to be one for bbPress to SMF 1.1.11. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Norv

Ah... It won't work, you should be using a converter to the same major version of SMF.

There should have been a converter to 1.1.11 as well, but apparently is not for download for some odd reason (it used to be)... I will notify the team in a minute about this glitch of the download page. I'm afraid I will not be available at all anymore for the weekend, but normally the problem should be looked at and the converter package for 1.1.x should be restored on the downloads page.

Norv

Please try the attached files, with your 1.1.11 installation.

cabezon

Norv

Cheers, good to hear!
Marking the topic as solved then.

NaNO2x

I used the files provided and they complain about not finding a 0.8.3 configuration.  I thought that this was supposed to work on bbpress 1.0.3.  Any advice on getting this conversion to work?

Norv

You used the files here? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370071.msg2535147#msg2535147

Can you please tell, with what SMF version? It appears it should be 1.1.x.

Also, please post (copy-paste) the entire error message, if possible.

nighcrawl

Hi, I'm new to SMF and I've got problem with the bbpress converter. Currently I run a bbpress 1.0.2 forum, and I would like to convert the database to use a SMF 1.1.11.

As NaNO2x did, I used the files provided on http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370071.msg2535147#msg2535147 and got the same error message ie :
QuoteUnable to find the settings for bbPress 0.8.3. Please double check the path and try again.

Some help please.

Tomcraft

I would be nice to have a working converter for bbPress 1.02 as we would like to migrate our forums to SMF.

Best regards

Tom

Norv

Sorry for the delay. Can you please tell, where you put the converter - it's better in SMF folder - and what is the path to bbpress comparing to it?

Tomcraft

Hi,

the updater was located in smf directory which was side by side to the bbpress forum.

../html/bbpress
../html/smf (converter included)

Best regards

Tom

Tomcraft

aehmmm... :D
Quote from: Norv on October 12, 2010, 07:13:25 AM
[...] it's better in SMF folder [...]
Quote from: Nibogo on October 12, 2010, 02:21:35 PM
You must include the converter in the bbpress directory.
Who is right guys? *g*

Tomcraft

Okay, thx! I'll give it a try.

I'll check this later this week.

Norv

In fact, the converters are usually written such that it should work, no matter from where, even outside both.

But there can be cases (bugs perhaps) when it can lead to surprises, therefore when it doesn't seem to find something, it's better to be sure.

In any case, could you please eventually try with the attached file...? (for SMF 1.1.11)

Tomcraft

Thx! Which converter.php should I use?

Norv

The one above in this topic should work just fine. That one changes rarely. :)
However I attach it just in case.

Tomcraft

Excellent, THX!

I'lll give it a try this weekend!

Tomcraft

Sorry for the delay, the new skript worked excellent for bbPress 1.02!

Is there a way to also import the attachments from "bb-attachments" plugin and the PMs from "bbpm" plugin?

Best regards

Tom

Tomcraft

Is it possible to upgrade the script for SMF 2.0 RC4?

Best regards

Tom

ThorstenE

there should be a 2.0RC4 version on the downloads page (I personally never tested these files)..
btw, is your other issue (attachments, pms) solved?

Tomcraft

lol... sorry... you're right, found the new converter for 2.0 RC4. I should have looked there before, sorry.

We wrote a converter for the attachments which works great. After the migration we will release this to the SMF community.

PM migration is still in progress, but we already mentioned to simply drop them. :-P

Best regards

Tom

Tomcraft

I have the same problems with the 2.0RC4 conversion script like in this thread:
Unable to find the settings for bbPress 0.6.3. Please double check the path and try again.
I think this needs to be fixed again. ;-)

The conversion script to SMF 1.x works great!

Best regards

Tom

ThorstenE

huh, would you please try the attached version? please delete the old bbpress_to_smf.sql before..

Tomcraft

Great, no it starts the conversion but stops at:
Converting posts...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Duplicate key name 'ip_index'

Any ideas?

Best regards

Tom

Tomcraft

Thx! I'll try this later. Why don't you update the converter package in downloads-section when you fixed a bug? *g*

Why are topic-views not converted?

Best regards

Tom

ThorstenE

Quote from: Tomcraft on December 19, 2010, 01:41:07 PM
Thx! I'll try this later. Why don't you update the converter package in downloads-section when you fixed a bug? *g*
Don't know why the files haven't been fixed yet, that's no longer my business ..
can you please check the bbpress database (table topics)? What is the name of the related column for the topic views?

Tomcraft

Views are stored in bb_meta like:
INSERT INTO `bb_meta` (`meta_id`, `object_type`, `object_id`, `meta_key`, `meta_value`) VALUES(109432, 'bb_topic', 495, 'views', '2');
where object_id is the topic_id.

P.S.: The fix work great!

Best regards

Tom

ThorstenE

ok, would you please test?
find in bbpress1.0_to_smf.sql:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting topics...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}topics;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_topics;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_boards;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_mark_read;

---* {$to_prefix}topics 20
SELECT
t.topic_id AS id_topic, t.topic_sticky AS is_sticky, t.forum_id AS id_board,
IFNULL(MIN(p.post_id), 0) AS id_first_msg, IFNULL(MAX(p.post_id), 0) AS id_last_msg,
t.topic_poster AS id_member_started, t.topic_last_poster AS id_member_updated,
t.topic_posts AS num_replies, CASE t.topic_open WHEN 1 THEN 0 ELSE 1 END AS locked
FROM {$from_prefix}topics AS t
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}posts AS p ON (p.topic_id = t.topic_id)
GROUP BY p.topic_id;

replace it with:

--- Converting topics...

SELECT
IFNULL(MIN(p.post_id), 0) AS id_first_msg, IFNULL(MAX(p.post_id), 0) AS id_last_msg,
meta.views AS num_views,
t.topic_posts AS num_replies, CASE t.topic_open WHEN 1 THEN 0 ELSE 1 END AS locked
INNER JOIN {$from_prefix}meta AS meta ON (t.topic_id = meta.object_id)
GROUP BY p.topic_id;

Tomcraft

Thx for your help! I get this error:
Unknown column 'meta.views' in 'field list'
I think it needs to be:
--- Converting topics...

SELECT
   meta.meta_value AS num_views,
   INNER JOIN {$from_prefix}meta AS meta ON (t.topic_id = meta.object_id)
GROUP BY p.topic_id;

But then I get this:
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (num_views)
Best regards

Tom

saurabhstar

Is there any converter for bbpress to smf ? I have a simple bbpress forum and I would love to convert into smf..

Tomcraft

hmmm? Could you please mind the topic and start reading the posts? *g*

-> http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=bbpress

Best regards

Tom

ThorstenE

Tomcraft,
please try the attached version ..

Tomcraft

That's it! Great job! THX!

Best regards

Tom

mommy_of_5

I am also attempting to convert bbPress to SMF 1.1.11. I've read through this topic and tried the conversion file attached in the above responses.

I continue to get the following error for each member during conversion:

Converting members...
Notice: Undefined index: memberName in .../html/forum/convert.php on line 1115
Notice: Undefined index: realName in .../html/forum/convert.php on line 1116

Then at the bottom, it states this:

Unsuccessful!
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list'

Thanks in advance!

ThorstenE

my files from  above are for SMF 2.0 RC4 ;)

mommy_of_5

Oh, ok. Gotcha.  :D

But I also tried the conversion files for 1.1.11/1.1.12 located at http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=bbpress and I still get the exact same errors.

ThorstenE

yep, these files are for older bbpress versions (afaik Version 0.9.7)..
please try the attached files (both for 1.1.x)

mommy_of_5

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your time and quick responses!

mommy_of_5

Ok, wait. I spoke too soon...

My bbPress did seem to convert over correctly at first. However, I can only access 1 category and its posts. When I click the other categories, it takes forever then Windows eventually gives error, "the page contains too many server redirects."

Also, I cannot log in to the forums. I could before the conversion but cannot now. I can't login with my old or new username/password.

mommy_of_5

I was able to login with my old userid from bbPress. I just had to go into the SQL database and change ID group to 1 to get my admin permission back.

I think the error with the redirects may be linked to the pretty url plug-in/package I installed. Perhaps I should have waited to install that AFTER I converted.

ThorstenE

Quote from: mommy_of_5 on January 03, 2011, 07:07:31 PM
I think the error with the redirects may be linked to the pretty url plug-in/package I installed. Perhaps I should have waited to install that AFTER I converted.
yep, that's possible... Try uninstalling the prettyUrls modification.

mommy_of_5

I got this working late last night. I had to do some maintenance on the Pretty URLs and then it began to work properly.

venomWST

Quote from: Tomcraft on October 19, 2010, 05:39:43 AM
...the new skript worked excellent for bbPress 1.02!

I don't know why everibody works excellent with the convertion but I get the next problems.

I tryed the version of Norv's script but It didn't work.

I am looking for to convert bbpress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.12 and using this script (bbpress1.0_to_smf.sql and convert.php attached for Norv) the convertion works "partially", because...

1. It doesn't make the posts re-count for each user (Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!)
2. And the passwords don't work

In the firts problem, it seems like the convert don't detect the deleted posts in bbpress (I search the ID_TOPIC of the error and all shows as deleted in the bbpress db) and all the users show in SMF as they don't have any message.

And in the second problem, maybe could be the bbpress encryptation (bbpress use phpass) and the convert just copy the passwords as the same.
(does exist any script that help to solve the passwords in massive way?)

Error 1:

Error 2:

Can you help me please?... Thank you in advace  ;)

ThorstenE

1) Fix for convert.php:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242961.msg2867944#msg2867944

2) Fix for the Posts counter:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2324

3): AFAIK bbpress passwords are simple md5($pass); SMF 2.0 can read many type of passwords encryption (the array $other_passwords is located in Sources/LogInOut.php).

pisatu

Any idea how to make SMF to connect/accept to the passwords that were enctrypted with BBPRESS?

Just installed/converted bbpress to smf, but the passwords don't work and the file Sources/LogInOut.php is pretty complicated.

zetaf

can anyone provide an update on this conversion to bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 2.0.2 ?

as im trying the attachment previously posted
i get this error

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /forums/convert.php on line 972

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /forums/convert.php on line 975

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /forums/convert.php on line 987
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /forums/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /forums/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /forums/convert.php on line 1386

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /forums/convert.php on line 1386

zetaf

BRAM2002

Quote from: N. N. on March 11, 2010, 09:06:07 PM
Please try the attached files, with your 1.1.11 installation.
Thanks for the files...especiallyl for "bbpress_to_smf.sql" :D

JanHoos

Hello!

I'm running bbPress: 2.3.2. and I'm using the attached files for 1.0. When I  try running the converter it says it cant find the BBpress install directory. I'm running the converter from the SMF instal directory and got the URL to bbPress to end in: wp-content/plugins/BBpress/

Is there a new converter? I'm really missing some usefull features from bbPress and I'd like to use SMF to fix 'm :)

Sonio2

Same here. This plugin doesn't work with the new BBpress, that is a plugin now for Wordpress, not a standalone version.

Advertisement: