"SMF 2.0 RC3" Session Timeout Error When attempting to enable Core features?

Started by Davgun, March 11, 2010, 08:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davgun

Hi
I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light & hopefully some advice on rectifying an error i am encountering since upgrading to   "SMF 2.0 RC3"

Everything seems to be functioning well apart from when i attempt to set core features! IE Calendar, Search Engine Tracking etc.

I get the following error
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction to hopefully fixing this issue i am experiencing please?

Thank you very much in advance
Dave

Arantor

So... what browser? What host? What theme?

Does it work if you try a different theme or different browser?

Davgun

Hi again,
Thanks for getting back to me and inadvertently pointing me in the right direction to begin solving this issue!

After reading your post above! I changed the forum default theme to SMF DEFAULT THEME - CURVE.
I had it previously set to a modified Curve theme i had saved from my previous RC2 Iinstallation!

I was then able to complete & successfully save changes made in the core options preferences with no problems!
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Would you have any idea  what i would need to look at in my previous customized theme that seemed to be causing the issue, to be able to rectify it, enabling me to set that theme as default!

Thanks again
Dave

Arantor

The theme is going to be missing adding an <input type="hidden"> whose name is based on $context['session_var'] and whose value is $context['session_id'].

Of course you could just download both sets of files and run a compare using something like WinMerge.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Davgun on March 11, 2010, 08:02:33 AM

Everything seems to be functioning well apart from when i attempt to set core features! IE Calendar, Search Engine Tracking etc.

I get the following error
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction to hopefully fixing this issue i am experiencing please?

Thank you very much in advance
Dave

Hi Dave,
Just to let you know this problem may not be a common occurance, I've just upgrade from RC2 to RC3 and because of your post went and activated the core feature calendar. I did not get any errors. It activated fine.
I'm not running any mods other than Aeva Media.
Just a thought......
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

RobertMfromLI

Hi,

Can someone point me in the correct direction to download JUST the default V2rc3 theme?

When I upgraded from rc2 to rc3, it did not update the entire theme (heck, it barely touched any of it) and I too am having this problem.

Or... do I have to D/L an entire rc3 package, and extract the theme files from there?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Star Trek New Voyages: Kirk's Five Year Mission Continues
Line Producer - Webmaster - Forum Admin - Contributing Producer - Gaffer

Star Trek Phase 2 - Enemy: Starfleet Released!

Arantor

You can't download just the theme, there's only the upgrade package files...

RobertMfromLI

Quote from: Arantor on April 29, 2010, 12:13:41 PM
You can't download just the theme, there's only the upgrade package files...

Thanks. I've downloaded the full package and will be trying to manually replace the theme files (as soon as a complete backup of all the forum files is completed).

Question...

Besides the "default" theme directory, I also see (in the themes directory) a directory labeled "core" in the files included with SMF v2rc3. Should I presume that directory also contains default (or needed by every theme) files that should also be updated?

Thanks again,
Robert

Arantor

No, that directory contains the 'Core' theme, the previous default theme. You can safely ignore it.

RobertMfromLI

Hello all,

Replacing the Default Theme v2rc2 with the Default Theme v2rc3 has FIXED the "Core Features" Session Timeout issue.

For those still having the problem, go into Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Check All Files Against Current Version

And check your themes... seems v2rc2 themes dont quite work correctly with "Core Features" - and a couple v2rc3 themes in the themes section of this site do not either.

Hope that helps others.

Best,
Robert

Arantor

2.0 RC2 files on 2.0 RC3 generally won't work 100%, and many theme authors don't seem to be aware of this :(

Advertisement: