News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Letter problem after upgrade

Started by Luoslav, March 14, 2010, 10:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luoslav

Hi all, I upgraded from 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC3. At 1.1.11 i was using smf_1-1-11_slovak-utf8, after upgrade i had problem with default skin so i changed language with repair_settings.php file to english. Now im using smf_2-0-rc3_czech-utf8 and the problem is that all words that contains letters like š, ž, ý, á atc. are deformed.

For example: word Fórum now show as F only. All letters and words after those specials symbols ( ž ý á í etc.) was deleted.

Can be this problem fixed somehow ?

Link to forum: http://highborne.yw.sk/forum/

Senkusha

I had this on my forum too.  Run the script on your database.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=327519.msg2183096#msg2183096

That should fix the problem.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Luoslav

So i tryed that, myadmin wrote this:
update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'’','\'');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'…','...');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'â€"','-');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'“','"');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'”','"');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'‘','\'');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'•','-');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'‡','c');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'Â',' ');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

Is that right ? becouse nothing changed :( But thanks for any help

Senkusha

Okay.  You're problem wasn't quite the same as mine.  I'm sure a similar query will fix the problem, we just need to see all the "problem children" and find the "good letter" to fix it.  Once that happens, the modified script should fix the problems.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Luoslav

So how should script looks when i want to "convert" letter ó for example ?

hobox

Quote from: Luoslav on March 14, 2010, 10:03:50 PM
Hi all, I upgraded from 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC3. At 1.1.11 i was using smf_1-1-11_slovak-utf8, after upgrade i had problem with default skin so i changed language with repair_settings.php file to english. Now im using smf_2-0-rc3_czech-utf8 and the problem is that all words that contains letters like š, ž, ý, á atc. are deformed.

For example: word Fórum now show as F only. All letters and words after those specials symbols ( ž ý á í etc.) was deleted.

Can be this problem fixed somehow ?

Link to forum: http://highborne.yw.sk/forum/

I have the same problem.

Everything  after a swedish letter (å, ä, ö) is cut and nothing shows.

This goes for both topic and body. So if the Topic is "Gifta Får Inte skiljas" only "Gifta F" is shown after upgrade.

And likewise if the body contains "Gifta får inte bla bla blas ..." and so on for 13 lines, only "Gifta f" is shown and nothing more. All following text and lines are gone.

hobox

I also noticed that users with non-standard letters are cut in a similar way.

I postponed the conversion until I can solve this. Any hints?

Advertisement: