News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Primary Membergroup works but Additional Membergroup does not...please help ?

Started by JayKae, March 17, 2010, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayKae

Up and until I had a naughty person raid ny RC2 and I had to go to RC3 I did not have this problem.

Whatever Membergroup is selected at the Primary is the active one and lets say I have a secondary membergroup which would have ALL of the primaries functions but has access to say an extra board or something, that board will not show up, but when I turn it around it will so:

Selected as Primary : Moderator --> All functions to moderate
Selected as Additional: Staff --> Board that group needs to access does not show up

Then when I do this

Selected as Primary : Staff --> Board that group needs to access does show up
Selected as Additional:  Moderator --> All functions to moderate are gone

Any ideas folks because I sure dont lol anymore

Arantor

JayKae

1. SMF Staff Page 1.7
2. reCAPTCHA for SMF 0.9.8
3. Simple Image Upload 1.1.0
4. Google Member Map 3.0 2.0 beta 2
5. Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.0
6. Share This Topic 1.4
7. PM to New Members 1.2
8. Google Analytics Code 1.1
9. Show Joined, Location, Username In Topic View 1.0
10. Ad Managment 2.3.6.2
11. The Rules 1.3

Does that help?

Arantor

Oddly, no. None of those strikes me as a candidate for making the modifications that are applicable here.

* Arantor is confused as to what's causing this.

JayKae

Darn, well thank you for thinking out loud so to speak, hopefully someone else will know ?

JayKae

Bumping this ... I really would need some help with this guys please :)

Arantor

Please don't bump twice within 24 hours. Everyone here is a volunteer.

Please can you attach your Load.php and Security.php files from the Sources directory?

JayKae

My apologies, I did not mean to annoy or upset, please find attached the requested files. Thank you very much for your interest already :)

Arantor

Hmm, it's not there (since the permission loading code is there)

If you assign a group to someone as a secondary, then go to Show Permissions from their profile, is that complete or missing things?

JayKae

No, it is complete, everything is as per normal but the additional group does not seem to be active, I did what you asked in the above post and everything is complete

Arantor

Now I'm really confused, since the same code should be being used.

* Arantor has no further ideas on this... :(

JayKae

Thank you for your help though, hopefully someone has an idea on this one :)

JayKae

I went through anything and everything I could think of on this one and I am lost ... noone has any ideas whatsoever what could cause this ?

Arantor

It's definitely odd. I think unfortunately part of the problem is that I have something of a reputation around here (having been on the SMF team in the past) and that there are some who won't even look at it if I don't know the answer, because whether rightly or wrongly they feel they won't know the answer. :(

JayKae

Well, that is a shame really cause any input is appreciated of course

Arantor

I'd love to see what others think, because this is really, really weird :S

JayKae

~DS~

I think I had this problem too...the boards will not show up when it's suppose to regardless what membergroup it's assigned as primary or not. I will look into this further...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

JayKae

Owh excellent... ahem.. I mean at least I am not alone... I am waiting with great anticipation what you can find out mate, cause I am at a loss

Advertisement: