News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Redirect back to page

Started by ~DS~, March 19, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

* Arantor wonders if the guide he's writing hasn't given him an idea...

Kill Em All

guide on what?

Arantor, could this possibly be a way that hosting companies setup their servers(php, mysql)?

Let me try it on SM.org

edit: I tried it here, it does the same thing here, brings me right back to my last page. on purpose logout (clicking logout button) however as we stated previously brings me to the forum index.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Arantor

KEA: I'm writing a guide on the integration hooks. There's one that gets called on logout... ;)

It could be a config issue but not one I can reproduce or tweak to intentionally cause either way.

Kill Em All

It must be something in my configuration. Considering I can do it here and on my test forums(and live one).

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

Configuration in the admin setting?
Could it be caused by the mods?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kill Em All

Nope, my test install is mod free and I'm really sure its not a setting in the admin cp.

~DS~

Ok seriously, I don't know why it doesn't redirect on my live one.
I tested on my test site and it DOES redirect. Look image attachment.

I don't believe it's the server, nor the mods, nor the SMF version....
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Kill Em All

Are they on the same server using the same php.ini and are you using the same browser with the same addons and settings with both the test and live forum?

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 21, 2010, 11:40:07 AM
Are they on the same server using the same php.ini and are you using the same browser with the same addons and settings with both the test and live forum?
Yep.

Kill Em All

:(

I don't know, any ideas Arantor?

Arantor

Kill Em All

Dismal Shadows, in other words there is no solution. :(

If you want, I can ask some other team members if they have any ideas.

~DS~

So, it affect the 3 of us and more SMF users as well?

Kill Em All

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 21, 2010, 12:53:36 PM
So, it affect the 3 of us and more SMF users as well?
I don't think Arantor can reproduce this himself, I can do it all the time no matter what forum, you can't do it on the live one but you can do it on the test forum you have. I'm not sure where exactly the problem could be coming from.

Arantor

Oh I can see both sets of circumstances but I cannot figure out what is causing the difference.

Kill Em All

~DS~

Alright this is annoying, should be reported.

~DS~

Is it me or is this bug affected only on "upgrade"?

Kill Em All

Did you or any mods edit the loginout.php file in the Sources directory?

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 29, 2010, 05:48:32 PM
Did you or any mods edit the loginout.php file in the Sources directory?
I don't think so but I am thinking FB Connect?

Advertisement: