Some questions from noob, about menu, text size, and rank

Started by xband, March 21, 2010, 01:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xband

Hello all! I'm really novice in SMF. I'm using 2.0 RC3 and  I'm looking for answer about customizing main menu bar (that one from left side) : Home Help Search Profile .... Logout. I wand to make it from the right side with opposite direction. When i put it on the right side it follows in mirror reflected direction but i need it to be like from the left side just shifted to the right.
The next thing - to reduce text size in Forum's Categories description and change color from orange to other
Also i encountered with copy-paste problem, during editing new message: while pasting it makes three blank spaces between some words.
And the last stupid question - how to add mo categories of users depending on their post amounts (e.g novice, intermediate, veteran, guru etc) ?

Thanx in advance. Do not "punch me" pls, i just 3 days studying how to built a forum on SMF

dnelsalty

To change basic color of the text, go into your CSS.
To change ranks, got to admin >> membergroups >> then edit

xband

many thanx on that! :) It really helps me! the other thing left - copy/paste problems, and menu bar customization (appearance)

Kill Em All

Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

chilly

If you want to shwo new Boards for different post count based usergroups... you have to enable specific rights for that groups (sreenshot in attachment)

Then you can handle permissions for those groups too

Language Coordinator

xband

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 21, 2010, 09:46:56 PM
Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?
the problem with groups was solved as well and i noticed how to change color. The only trouble with spaces copy|paste and with main menu bar remains...

Kill Em All

Does it have that problem outside the browser? Like a word document?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

xband

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 24, 2010, 02:45:38 PM
Does it have that problem outside the browser? Like a word document?

absolutely  NO. this problem was noticed not only by me. btw - during editing text
(e.g. changing text size, the bullet

• like this

it gives three bullets

• blank
  • like this
  • blank

could it be a problem with WYSIWYG ?

Kill Em All

Possibly, have you tried disabling it and then trying it?

xband

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 24, 2010, 04:31:22 PM
Possibly, have you tried disabling it and then trying it?
sorry, you mean: uncheck box WYSIWYG and then put back?

Kill Em All

in admin, its labeled as "disable WYSIWYG", so make sure that is ticked.

xband

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 24, 2010, 05:09:47 PM

yes. it helps. ;D  So, should I tick a box all the time when in "text trouble" ? Most of the users like to use wysiwyg ).

The problem solved. topic closed. thanks a lot guys!

Kill Em All

Well that disables WYSIWYG all together. You can untick it and just let users decide if they want to use it or not.

alteriunhun

Quote from: xband on March 24, 2010, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: Kill Em All on March 24, 2010, 05:09:47 PM

yes. it helps. ;D  So, should I tick a box all the time when in "text trouble" ? Most of the users like to use wysiwyg ).

The problem solved. topic closed. thanks a lot guys!

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion you give that's good help for me!!!internet marketing training course
internet marketing training courses

Advertisement: