News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

shoutboxes tested: 2 different shoutboxes with same problem

Started by Katrien, March 21, 2010, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrien

Dear all

We are running SMF 2.0 RC3 on a testsite.
Installed EzPortal
installed theme Extreme6 from Fussilet

we encounter the following problem:

If we activate the "auto-refresh" of the shoutbox, the tekst area does not use the colours of our theme.
If we disable the " auto-refresh" of the shoutbox, the tekst area is as it should be: using our theme colours.

At first we thought this error must be somewhere in the EzPortal itself and we asked for a solution to EzPortal.
This seems to be a major problem according to EzPortal himself.

We continued testing and did the following:
uninstalled EzPortal
installed AjaxChat Integration ( click here )

AjaxChat seems to have the same problem: tekst area does not use our theme colours and is white.

is it possible that we do not have to look for this error in the portal but instead of that in your forum?

if so, do you know how we can get the colour of the shoutbox of EzPortal the same colour as our theme if we enable auto-refresh?

I hope to hear from you soon
Kind regards
Katrien
Pls visit www.1place4ads.nl for advertisement design.

Kill Em All

Are you making the custom edits to your custom theme? I don't think this would be a bug with SMF, but more of a bug between EZportal and Ajax chat.

For mod Related Questions it is best to ask the mod author. You can find a link to a topic for the mod or a support board on the mod's page in the Mod Site

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

TheListener

Please note the shoutbox on ajax chat iintegration mod is white until the color is changed manually in the css file.

Again please make enquiries in the mods topic.

However if it is a shoutbox you require then simpleportals shoutbox has the theme colors without editing.

Also uses the forum smileys.

Katrien

Thanks for your replies.

I have looked everywhere in css file, but cant find where to change.

This question i have already asked in Ezportal: click here, but is seems to be a big problem.

has to do something with iframe? where do i alter that in css?

Concerning Simpleportal: i have tried to instal this portal, but unfortunately it seems not yet to be compatible with SMF 2.0 RC3. Ik get this during installing SimplePortal 2.3.1 :

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Kind regards
Katrien

TheListener

To install simple portal

( make sure ezportal is completely uninstalled).

Install as per usual.

Go to browse packages

below the packages lists on the right of the page is a link to advanced

click there which then takes you to a section where you can emulate to RC2 ( for the portal mod).

once changed then the mod can be installed as usual.

Katrien

here i am i again..forgot to mention following:

In our live forum (SMF 1.1.11) ezportal works perfectly: all using automaticly our theme colours
In our test forum (SMF 2.0 RC3) unfortunately not as described above.

@ Brack1: thanks...will try and let you know

Kind regards
Katrien

Katrien

@Brack1

Succeeded t install simple portal and shout looks really nice! thanks

But now other problems with simple portal sutch as showing members online horizontally instead of vertically. I cant find the solution on the help forum of simple. Will look further..thanks.

Kind regards
Katrien

TheListener

The best advice I can give you now is to make any posts you have regarding the portal at www.simpleportal.net.

Also try and get a feel for what the various blocks can do.

It takes time. I am still learning myself.

Advertisement: