[4370] 2.0 RC3 PostgreSQL Search index creation fails

Started by MegaByte, March 22, 2010, 01:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaByte

When I try to create a custom index, I get this message:  SMF is currently creating a search index of your messages. To avoid overloading your server, the process has been temporarily paused. It should automatically continue in a few seconds. If it doesn't, please click continue below.

But after continuing, a blank white page loads.  A partial index of size 516096 has been created, but trying to resume just results in the blank page.  There are no errors in the log.

Oldiesmann

Are there any "error_log" files in any of the SMF directories? Check those to see if there's any more info.

I don't have a board that's active enough to be able to reproduce this. On my test board, I can get the "pause" screen by creating a large sized index, but it still works after the continue (it tells me the index was created successfully). However, the index on this board is only 8kb in size.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MegaByte

There are no error logs anywhere and Apache lists 200 success.

Oldiesmann

I will look into this more this weekend if I have time.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Norv

Sorry for the delay on this.
Can you please consider to post a link to a phpinfo() file?

Also, is it possible that PHP error logging would be disabled for your server? It would be useful to get some error, to have a clue about what exactly fails here...
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

Tracked for 2.0, this should be solved if it still happens.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Nibogo

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 22, 2010, 01:53:32 PM
Are there any "error_log" files in any of the SMF directories? Check those to see if there's any more info.

I don't have a board that's active enough to be able to reproduce this. On my test board, I can get the "pause" screen by creating a large sized index, but it still works after the continue (it tells me the index was created successfully). However, the index on this board is only 8kb in size.

Same here, if someone has a test database would be great

Oldiesmann

Is this still an issue MegaByte? If so, I'll see if I can create a test board with a larger database (eg export the database from my main test board and import it into Postgres).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 06, 2010, 11:36:53 PM
Is this still an issue MegaByte? If so, I'll see if I can create a test board with a larger database (eg export the database from my main test board and import it into Postgres).
Still an issue?
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

emanuele

I'll try in the next few days to see if I can reproduce it.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Not exactly "few days", but I managed to try.

I used a small size test forum (2000 (repetitive) messages), but I arrived to the end.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: