News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

anyone with knowledge of efiction

Started by Methen, October 25, 2008, 10:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

line 144 says:

$smcFunc['db_query']('set_character_set', '
Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

Kindred

1- I told you already, both here and on efiction, you have to change more of the queries.php file than the single line.  I even gave you the code you needed to use (see above)

2- what program are you using to edit php files?

You obviously have done something wrong...   because, even if I don't have efiction completely linked, it does not give me any errors.

If you PM me your FTP address, FTP login and a forum login, I will take a look.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Methen

Here is a copy of the files
I was useing jarte then I got php editor to
see the 144 error

palofdru

Quote from: Methen on October 27, 2008, 07:53:09 PM
The forum is working fine
I had x7 chat installed and intergrated  but it didnt work and I just took that out and deleted  the tables in it
as far as the querys file all I did was paste in define("PATHTOSMF", "../forum/"); nothing more

asfar as what is on line 144  word processor does not show line numbers
so I have no ideal what is on line 144 IAm trying to find a php viewer that will tell me

"word processor does not show line numbers"???
  Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
good lord!

Maybe you mean something else, but a 'word processor' is trouble!

Google Crimson Editor or Emerald Editor, both good code editors with syntax highlighting and line numbering (you need to turn on line numbers in Options.)

Having Kindred look at it directly is really the best option, you are either  doing something different than what you are saying (or your Wordprocessor may be introducing errors into the file?)
My best suggestion to you is that you do whatever you feel like doing, for whatever reason you choose to make, without any required explanation nor justification. You probably will, so hop to it!

boo hoo!

Kindred

I have told you three times now, here and on efiction. You need to change the database field names. You also did not make all of the required changes to QueryString.php

You really need to pay attention to instructions.

Also...   you should never, ever, ever, ever use a word processor to edit php files.
You should use a text editor, like conText, EditPlus, notepad++ or UltraEdit

I suspect your load.php problems are related to your incorrect edits.

updated files are attached below
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Methen

I am sorry I did miss read about the bcc code part but as far as the db field names
you only briefly meation them on efiction something about them in smf being in lower case
and that was all that I seen i am not no php coder all I know how to do it to open the files and make changes in them I have no ideal what any of that php code means to me its just a bunch of jumble as far as mysql data bases I know how to create drop export and import that's it.

One problem I do have is people expecting me to remember every little part of instructions especially when the instructions are broke up in parts with me complete instruction in detail
step by step all in one post will always work best.

palofdru

Quote from: Methen on October 28, 2008, 12:40:56 AM
I am sorry I did miss read about the bcc code part but as far as the db field names
you only briefly meation them on efiction something about them in smf being in lower case
and that was all that I seen i am not no php coder all I know how to do it to open the files and make changes in them I have no ideal what any of that php code means to me its just a bunch of jumble as far as mysql data bases I know how to create drop export and import that's it.

One problem I do have is people expecting me to remember every little part of instructions especially when the instructions are broke up in parts with me complete instruction in detail
step by step all in one post will always work best.

I agree....it's ALWAYS somebody else's fault! What's next, people will expect you to actually read the bits of advice and FOLLOW it?

Of course, the advice comes in bits and pieces because the INFORMATION YOU SUPPLY came in bits and pieces too!

Personally, I blame Kindred. I would demand a full refund if I were you!

(update: oh, he did all his help for free out of the goodness of his heart? good for him then, hope he has more to give, I'm outta this thread! lol)
My best suggestion to you is that you do whatever you feel like doing, for whatever reason you choose to make, without any required explanation nor justification. You probably will, so hop to it!

boo hoo!

Senkusha

I've been trying to for the past six months (at least) getting eFiction 3.5.2 to bridge with SMF 2.0RC3, and have been hitting my head against a wall.  I've followed all the instructions, even used the two attached files from above...modified the RC3 version of QueryString.php, still I always get:

Notice: Undefined index: db_query in /var/www/sites/ayeka/Sources/Load.php on line 144

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /var/www/sites/ayeka/Sources/Load.php on line 144

Nobody has answered my requests for help on the eFiction site, and I'm hoping that somebody here can shed some light as to what the problem is.

Thank you very much.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Kindred

I had the same problem back with beta 4 and pretty much gave up for a while...   I'll probably look again after 2.0 final is released
Слaва
Украинi

Senkusha

I would be very grateful for any help you can provide when you get the opportunity.  Thanks!! :)
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Advertisement: