Wordpress 2.9.2 + SMF 1.1.11 with Demo Site

Started by jwall149, March 23, 2010, 08:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwall149

I finished a plugin called SMF2WP for Wordpress that create a log in/out bridge for Wordpress.

Here is description:

SMF2WP is a simple one way bridge from Simple Machine Forum to  Wordpress. This means, this one uses databases of SMF Forum and sync to WP database every time a user performs log-in action in both WP and SMF. To get this working, it is highly recommended that you have a fresh install of Wordpress with an install of SMF. Also, WP and SMF must be installed in same domain, and  should not be being accessed through a subdomain.  For example,  if your website contains of Wordpress for news and SMF for forum, if your news is hxxp:mydomain.com [nonactive], then your forums should be somewhere like hxxp:mydomain.com/forum. [nonactive]

This plugin will do these following tasks:

* If a user log in WP, then that user will be logged in SMF using SMF API.

* If a user logout WP, then that user will be logged out SMF using SMF API.

* If a user log in SMF, will be logged in WP as well.

* If a user log out SMF, will be loged out WP as well.

This plugin also works for user databases which is converted from Joomla 1.x version.

Since I can not post External Link, please remove the letter "@" at the link for it to work.

Demo site available. [email protected]/news/ch%E1%BB%A9c-nang/forum/

Look for detail here and download: hxxp:wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smf2wp/ [nonactive]

Tested with WP 2.9.2 and SMF 1.1.11

perplexed

Sounds good!

If anyone comes up with something that works for existing wordpress installation and existing forum with members registered on both that would be wonderful for me :(

jwall149

@perplexed: It's not hard to convert to version of your wish, however handling conflicts (same user) is quite complicate :) If you have any idea that works, please share:)

perplexed

Quote from: jwall149 on March 23, 2010, 10:27:43 AM
@perplexed: It's not hard to convert to version of your wish, however handling conflicts (same user) is quite complicate :) If you have any idea that works, please share:)

sadly not, that's why I said it would be wonderful if someone could come up with something

Lazy

would be nice to see this for smf2.0 :)  good work!

jwall149

Quote from: Lazy on March 24, 2010, 07:28:38 AM
would be nice to see this for smf2.0 :)  good work!

Thanks, WP 2.9.2 + smf 2.0 will be released soon:)

jwall149

Version 1.2 is released, plz give it a try!

yermaninja

Thanks Jwall for your hard work.

I've been playing around with your plugin for a couple of days now. I would just like to say a few things about this plugin for WP.

If a user registers on my WP site, the information doesn't get passed on to my SMF site if I try to go on there. If a user registers on my SMF site, the information gets passed on to my WP site, and I can go back and forth between the two sites.

So basically I want all my users editing their information on the SMF site and NOT on the WP site.

I followed JWalls directions starting with a default install of WP, when I logged in as Admin in WP i couldn't access my SMF board. I had to first login to SMF with an administrator account, then access WP, then logout, then login as Admin in WP, change the newly created account to an administrator account, then I was able to be an administrator on both WP and SMF.

Advertisement: