News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cannot create a reply or topic using an iPhone on SMF 2.0

Started by swiftmed, March 24, 2010, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swiftmed

Hey Guys,

Im not sure whether this is unique to SMF 2.0 RC2, or just my theme, but im hoping you can point me in the right direction. A user on my forum emailed me today saying she couldn't leave a message on my forum via her iPhone. It seems that when she selects the input box to type her message, it doesnt select and the iPhone keyboard doesnt come up.

Ive now tested it on my iPhone and confirmed her story. Selecting the subject box and entering text works just fine, however if you go select the input box to type the content of your post, the box does not get selected, and the iphone keyboard does not popup.

Im at a loss to understand what could be causing this, and the way to fix it, so if anybody could point me in the right direction, Id appreciate it very much.

Anybody can try out my site via their iPhone if they wish. url: www.cherylanncole.co.uk/forums/
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

http://cherylanncole.co.uk/forums
SMF 2.0 RC2

Antechinus

Arantor

* Arantor is going to annoy the support team with a bump here.

If WYSIWYG was enabled, iPhone doesn't work on 2.0 RC2. An upgrade to RC3 will hopefully have been done by now which has a check and disables WYSIWYG on iPhone for this reason.

Advertisement: