Having problem in Attachment showing

Started by pixeleyes, March 25, 2010, 05:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeleyes

I'm using SMForum and now I moved complete database including attachment folder

to my new site. Everything is done perfectly. (User can log in their previous nick and pass)

Only having a problem in showing attachments and user avatar

I already checked attachment path in admin panel everything is right.

Can anyone help me that where is the exactly problem why attachments/avatar are not showing.

Looking forward good response.

Thanks!

Chas Large

Having moved from one server to another the paths in the database may be incorrect. Try running repair settings to confirm the settings are correct.

What is repair_settings.php?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

AncientDragonfly

Are you using Filezilla for FTP?  Might be a problem like this one: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370199.0 

Do you still have the files intact on your old site?

pixeleyes

Problem is still exist, attachments and avator not showing.

Few attachments showing but as below image and avatar is completely not showing.

Attachment and avatar folders i moved by using Filezilla.

I still have data in old forum and want to move. please help me how to move without any loss.

Looking for help!

Chas Large

The topic AncientDragonly posted may be relevant to your problem

You stated that you moved your files using Filezilla. If you used the default settings in Filezilla the files downloaded from your original site may well be corrupted and so the files on the new site are also corrupted.

In Filezilla, select EDIT menu > Settings and then Transfers > File Types in the list

If the checkbox for Treat files without extensions as ASCII files is checked, UNCHECK it. Click OK and restart Filezilla, this will prevent the problem from occurring again.

If you still have access to the old site's Attachments folder then download that again and re-upload to the new site. If not then there is no way to fix the corrupted files.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

pixeleyes

Thanks for you hlep.

Actually problem was downloading/uploading by Filezilla.

I just use simple online FTP (run in internet explorer).

Now attachment and avatar working fine.

Chas Large

I'm glad it's all working fine for you now.

I'll mark the topic as solved but if you have further problems with this feel free to reopen it.

Advertisement: