Offline advertising?

Started by di3f00l, September 28, 2010, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

di3f00l

Think about a site like Formspring. Formspring is geared more towards teens and pretty much relies on people telling people about it. It's completely social. You make an account, and ask people to ask you stuff via fb/twitter/wherever.

Now go back 9 months or however old it is. It's a brand new site - would offline advertising via flyers on cars do anything?

Looking at how cheap flyers are, are they cost efficient? More importantly are they time efficient - takes a lot of time to put them on cars. Has anyone ever done this type of job? Thoughts?

1000 flyers = like $30..

ford1001

well usually when i see a flyer on my car i usually throw it away after looking at it for a second. Very rarely do i go to where it is advertising, but it might work for you

Ensiferous

Depends on your target audience, off-line advertising usually works best when you have something of value to small local areas. Formspring advertising locally, or even globally on TV would have largely been wasted money.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

Xantheon

Depends completely how the offline advertising is done, I like to add personal touch and have a couple of friends hand out flyers every now and then.

di3f00l

Interesting. Thanks guys. I didn't really post this for any particular reason btw I'm just looking at all the positives and negatives to different styles of advertising.

TheListener

I will soon be heavily advertising MKA with the use of flyers, business cards and small posters.

These will be used with various local libraries and businesses.

I will also be applying to the local supermarkets for permission to hand out flyers outside the shop entrances during busy periods.

Advertisement: