News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Invitation Script

Started by mrchoz, May 31, 2005, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrchoz

I'm a network engineer and not a php writer so it is only by way of you guys/girls that I am going to get anywhere with this idea.
We are running a member only forum and the doors have been shut to unknown members.
Now it is based on an invitation only method where we just keep a tabs on who invited who and how many.
This is awkward and what we really need is a mod which allows members [lets say in a certain member group] to have either X amount on invites per member, so once they've gone they've gone, or a per-monthly [or some other time span] quota so each month all members are granted a new invitation token [possibly with the option to not allow hoarding of invites if not used].

What would also be nice is; when someone makes an invitation an email is sent to the person getting invited [and a duplicate to admin] containing the invite, the members name who sent it, the receiver name and address and some sort of admin code which tells us admin things like: invites held by member/invites used by member/past invites declined total/successful past invites which could be in the format: 1.2.0.2

Now this is a pretty decent script idea which I would love to create if I was able too.
It would be very useful for many board admin. You could even turn it around and have say in a gaming forum different member clans and invitations into the clans instead of the website as a whole.

This has potential!
Would love to think someone shares this idea and can make it happen.

oops I started this in the worng place

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=37359.0

X-Ception

agreed its a great idea, brings to mind the google mail concept (?) gmail was it ?, big request though cant imagine this will be an easy task
Joolo.net social community and irc network / Yowzar - random subject forum

Advertisement: