News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Remove images from Quotes

Started by Chas Large, March 30, 2010, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas Large

Link to Mod

Remove Images from quotes

This modification is based on the [TIP] by Heavyccasey on the support forum.

This mod removes images from quoted text and leaves a link to the image.
Clicking the link restores the removed image.

Version History:
1.4 Final installer bug fix.
1.3 Minor bug fix on installer.
1.2 Included Skip for Language support and corrected code for xHtml validation.
1.1 Included reference to text in modifications list and Skip on error for language english_british.
1.0 Mod tested and working on two forums.

Please use the support link if required.

Regards

Chas Large
March 2010
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

RagingHippieHost

Quote from: Chas Large on March 30, 2010, 03:34:14 PM
Link to Mod

Remove Images from quotes

This modification is based on the [TIP] by Heavyccasey on the support forum.

This mod removes images from quoted text and leaves a link to the image.

Version History:
1.4 Final installer bug fix.
1.3 Minor bug fix on installer.
1.2 Included Skip for Language support and corrected code for xHtml validation.
1.1 Included reference to text in modifications list and Skip on error for language english_british.
1.0 Mod tested and working on two forums.

Please use the support link if required.

Regards

Chas Large
March 2010

awesome mod! thanks!

Chas Large

You're welcome, glad you found it useful :)

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

aw06

Simple mods like these are what make a community better :P

About the install & test................
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

aw06

This author only ported it over the rc3 ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

No, it is different code to the others. I'm just thinking that we now have three mods that do basically the same thing.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 31, 2010, 12:12:14 PM
No, it is different code to the others. I'm just thinking that we now have three mods that do basically the same thing.

really, this one expands the image inline when clicked ... AFAIN the others only give the image url ....

Also this works on Rc3 :P

Arantor

Did you try looking at the ones I linked...?

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 31, 2010, 12:16:44 PM
Did you try looking at the ones I linked...?

I have one installed on my 1.1.x ... it not even puts are url most of the time, it just says quoted image removed.

Arantor

There are 2 mods I linked. Look at both of them.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 31, 2010, 12:22:50 PM
There are 2 mods I linked. Look at both of them.

Yeah, one says it put's a button... but I'm on Rc3 hence whey i chose this mod ...

aw06

Now that i look into it , a button would look better . by button i hope they mean thumbnail of quoted image ...

aw06

Quote from: Chas Large on March 30, 2010, 03:34:14 PMThis mod removes images from quoted text and leaves a link to the image.

Hey Chas, mod installed ok, no error in logs, however i don't see the little expand up icon you have in your screenshot,

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=2430;id=133819;image

Also i don't see any image file for it in the package file, did you remove it ?

Chas Large

Quote from: aw06 on March 31, 2010, 12:45:08 PM
Quote from: Chas Large on March 30, 2010, 03:34:14 PMThis mod removes images from quoted text and leaves a link to the image.

Hey Chas, mod installed ok, no error in logs, however i don't see the little expand up icon you have in your screenshot,

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=2430;id=133819;image

Also i don't see any image file for it in the package file, did you remove it ?
No, sorry, should have been more careful with my screen shot, that comes from a FireFox add-on.

[Edit] Actually it's a Greasemonkey Script for FireFox, so if you're using both of those you can install and make use of it yourself, see attached.

aw06

you mod was conflicting with post rating mod ... or it was conflicting with yours, either way i removed quoted images, take a look here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=344748.msg2563330#msg2563330

Chas Large

Quote from: aw06 on March 31, 2010, 03:18:32 PM
you mod was conflicting with post rating mod ... or it was conflicting with yours, either way i removed quoted images, take a look here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=344748.msg2563330#msg2563330
Sorry about that aw06. Sadly I can't possibly check compatibility with every other mod but it probably could be hard coded by hand and as Arantor has mentioned, there are other mods that do similar things to mine, perhaps one of them won't conflict.

Chas

aw06

Bruno36

Hello!

The mod does not work on my forum.
When I quote a message I still see the image
http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com/poubelle/t3428/new/#new

login: invite
Passe: 123456
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

aw06

Are you using English-utf8 ? if so ad the edits in /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php

Code (Find at the end of the file) Select
?>

Code (Add Before:) Select
$txt['remove_image_from_post'] = 'Image removed from quote';

Advertisement: