Best PPC ad networks?

Started by cjb204, March 31, 2010, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjb204

Don't say AdSense. Anyway, I'm looking for an ad network which pays well and doesn't have obnoxious ads or popups. Any suggestions?

Ensiferous

Adsense. Pretty much all other great ppc advertising companies are invite only. I've tried quite a few, clicksor, adbrite etc. In the end I ended up using CPX interactive and Xtend media. But both are mostly CPM ads with a CPC addition, and they do have obnoxious ads like weight loss and stuff.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

rngrdanny22

I agree with Ensiferous, other companies such as Adbrite have terrible looking ads that I personally would never click on. They're so bright and scream "hey look, I'm an ad you'll never click on".

Adsense gives you the opportunity to customize the shape, colors, and even the font of the ads. This will help in blenind them into your site so they aren't as noticeable as some of their competitors.

Ensiferous

Quote from: rngrdanny22 on April 07, 2010, 01:34:52 AM
I agree with Ensiferous, other companies such as Adbrite have terrible looking ads that I personally would never click on. They're so bright and scream "hey look, I'm an ad you'll never click on".

Funny thing is. I get more clicks with those ads than I ever did with the adsense ads. Adbrite allows you to customize your ads as well so I do not see the issue.

rngrdanny22

Really? Hmm... I didn't know that. I guess I just assumed because I dont think I've ever seen (or at least noticed) a decent looking ad from there.

Let me ask you this: How would you rate the companies you mentioned in regards to payout versus Adsense's payout? Better or worse (assuming the same number of clicks)?

Ensiferous

That's impossible to say as it depends on many different factors such as your site topic and the type of ads you get. I had some very good days with adsense and some very bad days - the same goes for my new advertising, I don't really think one is better than the other, it's just a different way of doing ads that makes you think a bit differently about placement and such.

cha5e

Check out hxxp:chaseclicks.com [nonactive] for an Adsense alternative. You can customize the ads, choose from several sizes, types, and set custom colors for everything. The network is growing quickly and is a great value for new PPC advertisers, and a strong earner for those looking to publish ads on their website or blog.

Ensiferous

I'm going to be (brutally) honest here and say don't go with the above network. It's fairly obvious that it's self-promotion and the ad network has no page rank and hardly any visitors. I sincerely doubt they have many, if any at all, of their own clients and resell ads from a parent ad network.

I seriously doubt you'll get any decent ad rates using them.

cha5e

Ensiferous, I wasn't trying to hide any association with the ChaseClicks network. The above post was indeed my self promotion of what I think is my strong alternative to some of the other PPC networks out there. The OP asked for PPC Network options, and I feel my suggestion is worthwhile.

We do not resell ANY ads from parent ad networks, but I can appreciate the concern. The network is fairly new but you are a bit off-base with the "hardly any visitors" part. I would love to win you over, let me know if you want some free bonus credit (traffic) for your site.

To date, the ChaseClicks network has several dozens of both publishers and advertisers on the network. Many of the larger publishers' sites log several thousands of impressions a day. Overall, the network is off to a great start and has been growing strongly since it went online earlier this year. We get about 5-20 new signups a week, on both sides of the spectrum (publisher/advertiser), and have strong working relations with our users.

As far as overall network presence, the PPC network is only a small portion of the already large and long-established publisher network. As time goes on, the PPC publisher network will include many more established sites on the net. This is only the beginning.

Ensiferous

Well, at the time of my post you had an istockphoto image with the watermark still on it in your header, and your blog link still doesn't lead any where, compete didn't list you and Alexa ranked you somewhere around 5 million. I still think my logic is sound.

If you really do have your own network of advertisers then that's great, you're off to a more impressive start than a lot of other ad networks, and I've seen my fair share of them.

I'd still recommend people to be a bit wary, but if you could provide proofs of your network size then that would probably help a lot of people make the decision to join, I'm all for going with start ups, but one just needs to be careful.

As for winning me over, I currently serve well over a million ad impressions a day, so I simply cannot afford to go with an untested provider as that could result in a significant loss of revenue. This probably also puts my "hardly any visitors" claim into perspective.

Best of luck with your business, though, it's a really tough one to succeed in and you'll need to be aggressive in the right way, most big sites do not pay attention to marketing emails any longer, I certainly ignore almost all sales emails. :)

Advertisement: