News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

calendar import?

Started by Capion, April 09, 2010, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capion

Is there anyone who knows about a possibility to import calendar events from i.e. ical, outlook or any other "standard" formats ?
*if it works, dont fix it*

Kill Em All

I don't think there would be an easy way of doing this. I'm not saying its impossible though, just saying it would be difficult. :(

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Snaky_Love

Hi, could this be confirmed by smf developers, please?

Does SMF really come with an online calendar that does not support iCal?

Thanks!

Kill Em All

It doesn't support it by default, but that doesn't mean the two can't be integrated.

It can be hard though due to Apples love for open source. So there is no really API set by them.

I don't even see this being integrated into SMF in the future because there is not enough demand for this. I don't think there are many calendar softwares that do import stuff from ical.

There is talk however that jFusion will be supporting iCal imports in their version 2.0. You can bridge SMF and Joomla together using jFusion, I'm not sure if the calendars are fully bridged though with it.

You would obviously need Joomla to use it, but you can always "hide" the Joomla installation and leave it as an easter egg for your members. ;)

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Snaky_Love

OK, thanks for the clarification!

Kill Em All

Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused for you.

I'm going to mark this topic solved as it seems the OP has abandoned the topic.

Advertisement: