smf 1.1.11, pretty url module installed...

Started by Nickhead, April 10, 2010, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickhead

now i get page not found on all my pages... i can type in the original url before the mod, and get back to the package manager, but cant get to the uninstall function.

i found the supposed fix but what to do with this:

Every link causes 404 Not Found errors

If after installing the mod every link is broken, there is probably a problem with your server (it may not support mod_rewrite or per-directory .htaccess configuration files). To fix the links so that the problem can be diagnosed and fixed, or so you can uninstall the mod, create a new .php file with this code:

<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
updateSettings(array('pretty_enable_filters' => '0'));
?>

Upload the file to the same location as your forum's SSI.php and open it with your web browser. Then don't forget to delete it!

same location as ssi?  in the file, or directory the ssi is found in?

.Org, .Net, .Com

Paul_Pauline

Not in the SSI.php folder, but in the same location as it.

The SSI folder is given as a reference point, as it is the only SSI document in SMF
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Advertisement: