how do i block words from being posted?

Started by steve51184, April 11, 2010, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

Quote from: Arantor on May 03, 2010, 01:01:15 PM
Why not try the anti spam links mod?
that's not really what if after as that will stop ALL members from posting links (under the set post count that is...) and i just want to block a few domains etc

CapadY

Why no post-moderation for the spamming members and for new members ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

steve51184

Quote from: capady on May 03, 2010, 02:52:41 PM
Why no post-moderation for the spamming members and for new members ?

it's new members that are doing it :P

rd

I am 95% sure that these aren't real people! Instead they are bots most likely.

Do they answer back to threats?

Also, if these are people then you must have some big enemies who have more then enough time in their hands to change IP address and hostnames.

steve51184

Quote from: Royalduke on May 03, 2010, 04:14:28 PM
I am 95% sure that these aren't real people! Instead they are bots most likely.

Do they answer back to threats?

Also, if these are people then you must have some big enemies who have more then enough time in their hands to change IP address and hostnames.

well i have a captcha and a question thing and they get past that so if they are bots then they set the bots up after they manually register

steve51184

CapadY

Just use post-moderation for the newbie group.

And yes, all new users you should have to approve their first few posts (3 is enough) but you are sure no spam messages are published on your forum anymore.

I use this system and members in the highest membergroups are able to aprove posts zo I don't have to do that myself.

steve51184

Quote from: capady on July 23, 2010, 04:49:31 AM
Just use post-moderation for the newbie group.

And yes, all new users you should have to approve their first few posts (3 is enough) but you are sure no spam messages are published on your forum anymore.

I use this system and members in the highest membergroups are able to aprove posts zo I don't have to do that myself.

wow that sounds good... how would i set that up?

KayakTN

I am looking for a similar mod that will allow me to prevent my users from making posts containing links to specific sites as well.  hxxp:righthaven.llc [nonactive] is suing bloggers and forum owners for copyright infringement if any portion of their articles are used, even if the posts fall within federal Fair Use law.  Our moderators actively monitor links that get posted, but I would feel more comfortable if there was some kind of stricter enforcement.

CapadY

Quote from: steve51184 on July 23, 2010, 04:59:30 AM
wow that sounds good... how would i set that up?

In the permission settings.
Set Newbies to be unable posting withouth aproval and set VIP-members to be able aproving post waiting for aproval.
Just two settings.
Beware of the regular membergroup, they sould also be unable to make a post withouth aproval because ALL members are in the regular membergroup.

Advertisement: