News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Quote from: Kindred on May 23, 2012, 12:14:03 PM
hmmm....    really?  I haven't ever seen that behavior.
It at first didn't really look obvious to me either. Dr. Deejay reported the behavior on my site, and I found that when browsing my site on one of my school's computers.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

butchs

Yea it has been discussed before but, many posts ago...  Those characters are from some of the nineteen (19) random honeypot traps the mod generates.  Some of them are not used elsewhere.  The number of honeypot traps on your forum can be reduced by selecting "Limit honeypot on forum".  Then only honeypot traps that do NOT leave special characters will be used in your forum.  The honeypot traps used when a visitor is blocked is not reduced.
8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

TheListener

Butchs is there anywhere where the whitelists are explained as to what they do etc?

butchs

Well...  That depends on your methods.  With this mod you have several choices:

1.  whitelist.ini - A text file you have to edit.  I am working on moving this to a admin setting.
2.  PayPal - Configuring for whitelist.
3.  OpenID - Configuring for whitelist.
4.  The SMF way -  Use the the "Bad Behavior Whitelist Group" check box in "Manage Permissions/General Permissions".  As long as the member is logged in they are whitelisted.
:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

shubha

This Cloudflare Ip is denied-

Due to use the reverse proxy ,it happens.

butchs

If you use cloudflare you MUST check "Enable Reverse Proxy ", enter "Cf-Connecting-Ip" in "IP call to Reverse Proxy " and leave "Reverse Proxy Addresses " blank.

EDIT  Here is a helpful post on how to use this mod with Cloudflare.

shubha

Bad behavior block this Ip

How to allow ,this .

And cloudflare says"No catched version is avaliable".

butchs

If you insist, enter the ip in your whitelist.ini file (Sources/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/whitelist.ini).
8)

butchs

Or you can wait for version 1.5.10 which will have the whitelist in the admin panel.  Scheduled to release sometime next week?  Egads...  lots of changes...   I must have 8 hours in this version...
:o

MovedGoalPosts

It looks like Bad-Behaviour has an update to deal with the EU cookie law.  I see the current version of this mod places a cookie "bb2_screener_".  Is this SMF updated to include the bad behaviour update please?

butchs

Well the core author believes that Bad Behavior is exempt from the EU Cookie law.  So only paranoid users need to apply the change.

A little more specific, the SMF version is in testing at SMF Helper as we speak.  That version includes the cookie selection, admin whitelist and etc...  Although most of the time the difference between the beta and the release in my software is cosmetic, sometimes a bug is found.  So it is better to wait for the official release.
:P

MovedGoalPosts

Thanks,   The whole cookie law stuff is a mess and until someone gets hauled over the coals we won't really know.  I'll await the update with interest, although I agree that as bad behaviour provides essential security for my site the cookie it requires should be essential and so should be exempt.

shubha

butchs

New version!!!   This one made me work... Changes are as follows:

• Added Lazybones badbehavior_bbc.gif
  • Upgrade from Bad Behavior 2.2.2 to version 2.2.6
  • EU Cookie Law Option added under Security
  • Improved reverse proxy address
  • Moved whitelist to the admin panel - no more whitelist.ini, SMF whitelist Permissions are still included
  • Xaquin has re-written the spanish translation

Kindred

hrm........

Ok, naughty me... I uninstalled and reinstalled without backing up first.
but now, the entire system is just blank.
wierd...

I had to manually remove the older mod and then it went blank.
So I manually installed the new version, but it's still blank.
argh!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

I just deleted the new items from both the 2.0x & 1.1.X test server DB'S, downloaded the package and reinstalled the mod.  I can not get the blank screen.  Then I double checked the language file changes with my php debugger and I see nothing wrong with the utf8 changes (lacking as they are)...  The blank screen usually is a php error.  Hard to tell without seeing it.  Maybe something was not properly installed or uninstalled?  Did you try entering through the screen just in case it was cache?  Did you reset your browser/ forum cache?  Perplexed...

MovedGoalPosts

Thanks for the update.  Should the bad behaviour image now be added automatically to the templates, or do we need to edit that manually?

Kindred

Yeah..l it's weird...   I don't know what I did to cause it... So I don't know how to fix it either. The only thing I did was uninstall 1.5.9.   How bizarre. I left it and slept... But I have to fix it today. Ugh
Слaва
Украинi

butchs

If it happens again, can zip all the files that were edited by the mod and send them to me?

Quote from: movedgoalposts on May 30, 2012, 05:40:13 AM
Thanks for the update.  Should the bad behaviour image now be added automatically to the templates, or do we need to edit that manually?

yes

Advertisement: