News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgraded but it seems that Smileys are not working

Started by shane is my name, April 13, 2010, 03:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane is my name

Hello, I had smf 1.1.10, I just upgraded to 2.0RC3, but no matter what smiley set I install and set to be default, it still shows the same smiley set..   I cant get it to change. 
- In "Smiley Sets" tab, It shows SoloSmileyS1 as my default smiley set.
- If i go to EDIT SMILEYS section, it shows the correct SoloSmielyS1 smileys
- And under Smiley Settings, I have SoloSmileysS1 selected as default.

yet when im in the forum and replying to a post, I see the regular Smileys.. I cant change them... 

FYI: Im using SMF 2.0 RC3

Chas Large

I just signed up to your forum to check and I see you don't have Smileys enabled at all. If you can enable them and allow members to select their own, I can check out what happens.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

shane is my name

Hmm, that would help if i enabled it huh? lolol   :)   sorry. 

OK, so I checkboxed the   "Enable Smiley Set Selection By Members"  field. but I still can not change the smiley set.
* I did check that out when trying to figure it all out, but it didnt do anything so I unchecked it because I wasnt sure if that meant that users can use any smiley set.  (whereas I just want them to be able to use one set)... I guess im confused. lol.

Well thanks for actually taking your time out to check into the issue for me. that is sincerely appreciated.  :)

Chas Large

Well it seems you may have found a bug. I can definitely replicate this issue on one of my test forums but my main seems OK. That has been upgraded from 1.1.8 through different iterations until 2.0 RC3

Just to say that it seems the Admin changes are stored, you can see that by selecting the Smiley Sets button, the default changes with a star next to the set. What seems to be happening is that the default is not fed down to the members for some reason.

I'll ask my colleagues to check it out and get back to you.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

shane is my name

Advertisement: