Anyone ever convert from discusware??

Started by wing, June 02, 2005, 10:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanhux

I  erased some dirs in tree.txt and the script finally convert. But is messing up. I dont with the cause is some customization that I've made. The topics names contains bgcolor="#f7f7f7"> instead of name and in the post everything is in left colum instead of right. ;(

Infinite

Great Job on the converter. My friend needed a converter like this, so I will tell him as soon as possible.

Sanhux

I change the skin for the discus default, repeated the procedure to replace messages dir, erased once more some lines of tree.txt and the convertor works better in that time, but still have problems. Each message have a "no subject" label and a mess html like that ST4661"> just before the post. Algo My discus installation, because of the messages trich, becomed corrupted, and I had replace with the backup

Maybe the conversor intend to work only with english version of discus? My discus is in another language, if that matter.

Anyway that convertor is not mature indeed

wing

Possibly the converter looks for some specific english strings... It's been awhile since I wrote it but I do remember it searching for specific titles in order to determine if the topic was a thread or an archive.  You may want to look at the code a bit, there are comments where it gets the specific information you will have to change it to your language. 

I only had 1 to test it on, there was a few people that converted using it, but my forum was very basic, I didn't write all the possibilities and setups with discuss. 

Sanhux

Can anyone post here the language.conf and lang40.conf files so I can make a english installation? I think maybe will be easier. I am not a coder at all.

And how about the timeout issue? Its ok to rerun the script with one tree.txt for each topic?

thanks

wing

Yes you can run the script with 1 topic in each tree.txt that is how I did it.

I would post my language files but unfortunatly..... my server ran out of space last night and the admin just toasted discus  :o

Sanhux

Hi wing! Thanks for the answer

I searched the code for english specific variables, but I found only global variables of the program, which have a english name, but is not related to the language instalation. However, the lang files of discus have original english commented, I only need to know what to uncomment

Sanhux

I noticed know that the script dont convert all members. Discus list about 900 members, and ony 286 are in new smf list

wing

Is this the same in your version?
In my script I have this:
// look for this for each topic<!--Top:
           if (strstr($Scanline, "<!--Param: MessagesAdd-->")) {
That is looking for the top of the file and the messages

It also looks for <!--Post:

Maybe show me your website I can see what is going on.

It will only convert members in the flat file, unless it is hitting an error that should work no problem......  Do you have a sql database for your discus?  This will not work with the database.

Sanhux

Hello

My discus is in http://consciencia.org/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi and My smf in http://consciencia.org/smf

I have a Mysql database for discus, but I toggle it off in discus admin interface

I commented a line in the script //$converting_name = 'YaBB'; and rerun. The output stands below

Converting membergroups... successful.
Converting members... successful.
Converting settings... successful.
Converting personal messages... successful.
Converting boards and categories... successful.successful.
Converting topics (part 1)... successful.
Converting topics (part 2)... Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/consciencia.org/htdocs/smf/discus.php on line 997
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/consciencia.org/htdocs/smf/discus.php on line 1006successful.
Converting notifications... successful.
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... successful.Converting posts (part 2)... successful
.Converting posts (part 3)... successful.Recalculating forum statistics (part 1)... successful.Recalculating forum statistics (part 2)... successful.

wing

Looks like it worked mostly .... I'll look at it in a bit I have a serious issue with RC2 here..... What's on line 997?

wing

I think your problem is the depth of your topics.

I wrote the tool to work with my board, someone else was able to get it to work with the depth, it's easy enough you just have to look at the recursive part where it looks for Top

My site didn't have topics inside of topics inside of topics like yours.  It had 1 flat system with posts inside of topics only..... :-\

The only tricky thing I had was the archive stuff.

Also even if you unclick the database option, you must have all your user files etc in the flat file system.

Sanhux

Ooops, what now?

I could import all users ! I use the function export in admin of discus and then it wrote everything to flat and the script converts well. The problems are in the posts now. Not well converted. Any suggestion?

Im start to reconsider discus as not so bad after all. Its a good script =)

wing

Well if all the users are there.  You are almost there......

Discus is horrible, my site had 90,000 posts and 3000 users and it was taking 2.5 gigs of space.  With SMF I'm using 300 meg with double those counts!

Sanhux

Hi

I noticed that msg_index directory inside discus_admin have an tree txt file for each of the major topic .Maybe this would help about the topics depth.

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/consciencia.org/htdocs/smf/discus.php on line 997
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/consciencia.org/htdocs/smf/discus.php on line 1006

line 997: while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
line 1006: if (mysql_num_rows($result) < 150)

wing

Is your smf database empty when you start this?  IE, clean install?

Sanhux

I think is not, because I am running and rerunning the script for test. But I started with a clean install. However a mark the box  Clear current SMF posts and members during conversion. when running the script. In the first times that I run this error do not occur

wing

Yes, I would start over, it creates tables this could be a problem.

Just to rule it out, now that you have solved some other issues, I would try a fresh database install of smf.

Sanhux

Ok, I reinstall SMF and script output point no errors: all successfull. The user data seem to be right.

However the main problem continues: the posts are not correct. The topic pages looks strange with op bgcolor="#ffffff"> as a title and in the messages pages the message are on a left frame, and it have broke html once more. I could stop this by turning to default skin theme once, now I am with a default table3 skin, my usual sking is a customized tables4.

wing

Oh I'm wondering if it is reading the lines incorrectly for the topic data....

Because it is all HTML all the tables have to line up etc.

I'll have to look at it again, I'm sure it is something simple.

Advertisement: