News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

All users can access admin!

Started by Pantho, April 15, 2010, 06:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pantho

Upgraded to SMF2 RC3 this week

Addons:

1.   SimplePortal    2.3.2     
2.   Custom Form Mod    1.6     
3.   Remove images from quotes    1.4     
4.   Quick Moderation on Quick Reply    1.1.2     
5.   SteamProfile Ajax Mod    1.0     

Theme:

OverView

www.bybservers.co.uk

The only thing users can see in Admin is:
Main -> Administration Center / Support and Credits | Forum -> Smiley and images

Then cannot see any options in Administration Center apart from the Smiley icon. They can access all smiley settings including uploading new smileys

Any idea how this sudden change happend ?

Chas Large

Looks like a Permission has been wrongly set. Check and untick;

Admin > Members > Permissions > General Permissions > Regular members > Manage smileys and message icons

This is found under Forum Administration. It's easier to see if you use Classic View.

[EDIT] PS Your Admin Reports area is visible to new members like me unless I qualify as one of the elite? ;D
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Pantho

Quote from: Chas Large on April 15, 2010, 07:10:50 AM
Looks like a Permission has been wrongly set. Check and untick;

Admin > Members > Permissions > General Permissions > Regular members > Manage smileys and message icons

This is found under Forum Administration. It's easier to see if you use Classic View.

[EDIT] PS Your Admin Reports area is visible to new members like me unless I qualify as one of the elite? ;D

Admin Reports are for the game server and are open to all uses for viewing. It is supposed to be like this :).

Nobody can post in that thread unless they use the Custom Form which is above it called "Report Admins". Players can reply to threads but not post*.

Thank you for the fix, this may be closed :)

Chas Large

Yes this seems to be fixed, the Admin tab is no longer available.

I'll mark the topic as closed but feel free to reopen it if you have a recurrence of this problem.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: