News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF4iPhone Theme

Started by Fabius85, April 15, 2010, 11:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on September 22, 2012, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on September 22, 2012, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on September 22, 2012, 04:42:36 PM
Quote from: Iomega0318 on September 22, 2012, 04:36:11 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on September 22, 2012, 04:06:30 PM
* Yoshi2889 gets his toolkit ready and performs some testing
What??!
Got scared? :P

The theme works fine. Couldn't test it on my iTouch, but using Chrome's user agent change thingy it works fine, along with the mod.

On 2.0.2?! Because it didn't work at all on my forum.  :'(
Yeap, 2.0.2.

* Yoshi2889 starts to wonder if he didn't set the smf4iphone theme as default per accident
I'll have a go through the code tomorrow if that's the case.

Wow. The one on the modifications site, or did you upgrade the theme to work with 2.0.2? This is GREAT news.

NanoSector

I didn't touch the theme at all. It worked straight away for me.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on September 23, 2012, 04:14:51 AM
I didn't touch the theme at all. It worked straight away for me.

Oh. :(

Mr. Jinx

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on September 23, 2012, 04:26:19 AM
Oh. :(
This them works fine with 2.02.
Where does it go wrong? Error message?

ocmdiaz714

NanoSector

Please do so, as the code looks fine.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on September 24, 2012, 03:12:16 PM
Please do so, as the code looks fine.

Personal Messages bug? I do not have over 100 messages.

Is the layout suppose to look this crowded, and plain?

Threads are not shown for any forum.

Mr. Jinx

That looks horrible indeed.
Are you sure *all* files from the smf4iphone_theme_v1.1.zip package are extracted in your themes directory (Themes/smf4iphone_theme).
If one of those files is corrupt or missing, things like this could happen.
And are all files in sm4iphone_them accesible (permissions/owner).
Did you try emptying your forum's cache? Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty the file cache

NanoSector

Yeah, that does look horrible. Guess it's safe to call this incompatible.

Mr. Jinx

I think you are incompatible ;)

bigggan

I get this error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load 'edit_options' template

Also I dont get transfered automaticly.

K-Forum

On 2.0.2. to 2.0.4 this mobile theme doesn't work very well. But I managed to cope at least with some of the problems. So don't take this as *the* solution. Its just an approach...

The theme itself installed without any problem.

I found that the SMF4iPhone-mod didn't work at all. So I kept just the template and fetched myself the "mobile device detect" mod from the Mod-Section (Install via package manager. If needed  in "Advanced"-Mode with 2.0.2 emulated).
With the above mod installed, I went to Themes and Layout > Manage and Install and selected this theme as the "Theme to use for mobile devices". Now my phone (Android, Galaxy S2 something) gets detected and the theme gets displayed.

But: I discovered the same display issue ocmdiaz714 described above (see ocmdiaz's screenshots above). When viewed as a guest my forum got nicely displayed. But when logged in, all links got kind of stuffed, they went blue and for some reason I wasn't able to browse the boards.

As freerunnering wrote earlier: The blue links appear because of two unclosed <a>-tags in BoardIndex.template.php.
Search the script for "unread.png" (they come up twice) and change both

'/unread.png"</a>
to
'/unread.png"/></a>

and the board-links will display fine when logged in. Also now you can navigate within your boards.

When logged in I still have issues with the links at the bottom (home, search, personal messages, profile and logout). And the menu-link at the top. None of them directs me to the right page. It seems all they do is reload the actual page I'm on. Unfortunately I haven't found any solution to this yet.

bigggan

^^^^^
| | | | |

Looks great after K-forum´s fix, but two issues, no admin panel, and i dont see the hidden admin board wich is important error.

Edit was logged in with wrong user, but still the admin panel, and more options when inside profile.

K-Forum

So you have access to your profile?
Did you change something in the code?
Or is it an android-issue? Hard to believe though. I can't get inside my profile because the links in the tabbar (Home, Search, Messages...) don't work. When I click on these buttons, all it does is redirect me to the page I'm already on. And I have to switch to Classic-Theme to logout...

Searched index.template.php for "tabbar" but didn't find any error. What could it be?

It would be so great to get this theme to work with 2.x ...

bigggan

Yes those buttons work, but it only shows stats about me like IP and email and stuff. I dont see any settings, like looks and layout, and stuff. I can only send PM or email inside there.

Edit, i didnt change anything else then your fix, i just copy paste basicly.

Baloch

is it not compatible with latest version of SMF?

Mr. Jinx

Might work but I wouldn't risk it. This theme is not maintained anymore. I had it running for a while but there where more and more rendering issue's on new mobiles (like ios7).
Search for smf4mobile. More up-to-date.

filmstarr

In case this is of interest to anyone, here's a "link" to a forked/modified version of the SMF4iPhone theme that I've been using on my forum for a number of years (sorry I'm not allowed to post an external link yet):

REMOVED

I recently reworked it a little for iOS 7 and added in a couple of gestures for naviagation and quick reply (quick reply is pretty cool :D).

It's very lightweight really as I've only updated and kept what I've needed over the years, but it does work well for doing the core SMF stuff on a mobile device.

I will say this though, it's far from a "complete" theme, hence why I'm posting this here and not submitting it to the main SMF website. Enjoy!

Details removed, see margarett's post below.

margarett

Do you have the author's permission to fork his theme? As it stands right now, you can't really do it...
The theme has no license, which means we have to consider the most restrictive one in place: no fork, no redistribution...
Unless you get author's permission, you (and us) can get into legal problems.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

filmstarr

Thanks margarett, I did not know that. I presumed as it was branched from another pre-existing theme that this would be okay, but as you mention, no licence was attached. I'll remove it now.

Advertisement: