Error Logs with User's Online?

Started by hcfwesker, April 20, 2010, 09:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

I have tried and tried, and since this is a regular default SMF feature, I couldn't ask in other sections, if I'm in the wrong section I apologize.  I'm SMF 1.1.11

When checking my Forum Error Logs, I notice anytime a member, or guests goes to the Home Page, 4 Errors Pop up, and in my User's Online Table, I notice the number of member's are not displayed.

45 Guests, Users (9 Buddies)   <----  no number count for users.
Users active in past 30 minutes:
hcfwesker, mariomaniac432, Cycro, Lordanzer, Kagato, Bman, Te-Jay, WiFail, TestAccount, DiamondJ09, metakirby, GamblingYouth, ZeldaLover720, Shiningbolt, Detfan, Rust, doomguyii, mesho77, BlkMagiK

These are the errors I'm getting when I see myself, or anyone clicking on the Home Page.

8: Undefined index: num_users_online
File: /home/brawldom/public_html/Themes/DarkDomain/BoardIndex.template.php
Line: 439

Line: 387

Line: 387

File: /home/brawldom/public_html/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 455

I have attached both my /Themes/Custom themes/BoardIndex.template.php  &  Sources/BoardIndex.php  files to see if anyone can help.

I have been at this for almost the last 2 days, and I'm just lost.  :(

Chas Large

Just looking at the Boardindex.php file and comparing that with a new 1.1.11 file, you seem to have a mod installed which is interfering with the display of the number of users. It looks like some kind of sorting mod. Here is your code:

mysql_free_result($result);

krsort($context['users_online']);
krsort($context['list_users_online']);
ksort($context['online_groups']);

$context['num_users_online'] = count($context['users_online']) + $context['num_users_hidden'];

And the code as it should be
mysql_free_result($result);

$context['num_users_online_last24'] = count($context['users_online_last24']); 

I would look at what mods you have installed that affect users and uninstall them one at a time, checking which one restores normal operation.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

hcfwesker

I made a big "boo-boo" somewhere I just realized, and have no idea how.  But you kinda pointed me in the right direction.  Somehow, I had the MOD installed for "Users Online Today" , but was using 'edits' from "active Users in the Past 24 Hours."   

Don't ask me, lol.

I've already started removing these, and my # of User's are showing again :)

Just have to work on dissecting the rest, now :)

Chas Large

Glad I managed to help a little :)

If this answers your question, please feel free to mark this topic as solved.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

hcfwesker

I always do, once I'm sure.  And, I have cleared all those errors :)

Thanx, again, bud.

Advertisement: